We're looking for a Sustainability specialist to join our Client's fast-expanding Sustainability team. Our Client is an ever-growing M&E firm in the West and is actively expanding its workforce due to its strong reputation and growing demand for its sustainability offering. They offer a comprehensive range of sustainable design solutions, including decarbonisation studies, building system sizing, dynamic thermal modeling, comfort and environmental analysis, and net-zero carbon building design, all in line with the government's net-zero 2050 goals. They collaborate with current and new construction projects in all sectors, both locally and nationally, intending to become leaders in building decarbonisation and sustainable design.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in architecture or building design consultation, as well as:
- Have a significant interest in sustainability, green buildings, and energy modeling for buildings.
- Possess a relevant degree in building physics, building engineering, energy modeling, or a related field.
- Strong report writing skills are appropriate for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Have a firm grasp on energy flow and building systems.
- Have a strong work ethic and know-how to manage your time.
- Be computer proficient and have a strong understanding of Microsoft Office software.
An ideal applicant will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the building energy modeling process and a working familiarity with the IES VE or EDSL TAS modeling software.
- Have produced thermal comfort, daylight, and airflow modeling studies in the past.
- Know how to use the REVIT programme from Autodesk.
- Have a thorough understanding of building design, energy, and emissions regulations.
- Have a working understanding of green building certifications (LEED, BREEAM, WELL, NABERS, Passivhaus)
- Have excellent communication abilities, both verbally and in writing.
Please contact Jed Canham via the following email address: jed @ conradconsulting.co.uk