Your new company
An established International Multidisciplinary Engineering & Project Management Practice with an office close to Belfast City Centre are recruiting for an ambitious Associate Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This is brand new role within the Belfast office where the successful candidate will establish themselves as the Building Services Lead within the practice.
This practice has expanded to become an International Multidisciplinary Consulting Engineering firm employing over 270 staff in Ireland and the UK. Providing a wealth of experience in the creation of economic, innovative and sustainable engineering solutions, they work on prominent projects throughout Northern Ireland and the UK from large infrastructure projects to high value commercial building projects - this Belfast based consultancy has a superb reputation throughout the industry and is the perfect consultancy to further develop your engineering knowledge.
Your new role
This position would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy. The post holder will support the delivery of a range of projects across a wide range of sectors.
- Lead Engineering Design and Design Management tasks on Projects as part of an integrated project team
- Design and specification of M&E Engineering Solutions to current regulations and design standards
- Work directly with clients and project engineers to define project requirements and develop technical solutions.
- Lead Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, services coordination, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc.
- Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, and project bid teams
- Provide off site technical support to construction teams on projects
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Services & Design
- Third level diploma / degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering / Building Services
- 10 yrs + relevant experience, ideally in a design consultancy environment
- Knowledge & experience of CIBSE Guides, Building Regs, EN Standards and IEC Standards.
- Experience of client, vendor & contractor interaction & management.
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team.
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
What you'll get in return
You'll be offered continuous industry leading training & professional development and be exposed to cutting edge design techniques which will serve you well throughout your career whilst working on exciting projects. Progression in this organisation will be rapid for the right candidate, promoting around talent rather than tenure in the company is their motto, any appetite for success will be fulfilled.
You'll be paid a very competitive starting salary, generous holiday entitlement and benefits including:
- Hybrid working
- Wellness Programme
- Private Group Health Care Insurance
- Annual Subscription payments of affiliated Institutions,
- Travel & Accommodation paid for whilst travelling.
- Auto enrolment to national pension scheme.
- Death in Service policy of 4 x salary.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.