Our Client is a well-established, award-winning, professional multi-disciplinary engineering firm with a passion for excellence, innovation, and environmental sustainability in construction projects for a wide range of clients, including several blue-chip and international brands.
The client is looking for a highly experienced Senior building services engineer with an electrical bias to join their MEP engineering team, which supports projects in the commercial, industrial, retail, education, and residential sectors. The role will initially be focused on a large commercial/industrial production facility for a prestigious client in the North East and will be primarily site-based for approximately 60 months before transitioning to a new North East regional office. During the first 60 months, the candidate will serve as the Resident Engineer on site, as part of a larger site-based team, serving as a liaison between our in-house designers and the construction team.
The successful candidate will be in charge of the day-to-day liaison with the main contractor and subcontractors on site, reporting to a Director and Associate Directors of the company. It is expected that you will be able to work as part of a larger project team and confidently represent the company to the client's representatives and outside organisations. The candidate must be able to work on their own initiative and manage day-to-day issues and queries while paying close attention to detail. This role will require daily liaison with the office-based design teams, attendance at meetings, review of installation work, testing, commissioning, handover, and close out.
As such, there must be demonstrable ability and understanding of dealing with site-based activities such as, but not limited to:
* Experience on large scale advanced manufacturing projects with a minimum of 5 years' experience in the management of onsite engineering teams
* A relevant accredited degree or have suitable, equivalent qualification and/or experience
* Being able to act as the Client's authorised representative
* Having a dynamic, collaborative approach to engineering and construction.
* Being comfortable with communication at all levels of authority both within and outside the company.
* Being proficient in the use of Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry standard software packages such as Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and Trimble in addition to high-level computer skills.
Embracing the full range of Electrical Building Engineering Services and you will have experience in:
* Design review and coordination
* Design for Manufacture and Assembly
* High Voltage (HV) to 11kV min.
* Process services integration
* Review of material submission
* Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)'s and Witness Testing
* Commissioning, handover, and closeout
* Fast track design and change control
You will be able to demonstrate delivery experience in the following areas:
* Advanced manufacturing
* Risky environments
* Process and engineering
With a minimum of 10 years post-graduate experience, the candidate should ideally be working towards Chartered Engineer status with either the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) or the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
A self-motivated individual will have numerous opportunities to expand their knowledge, skills, and experience, as well as work with some of the world's most successful companies across a wide range of industry sectors. You will be expected to contribute ideas, add value, play a role, and advance in a consultancy looking to the future.
Please apply using the link or send Curriculum Vitae (CV)'s by e-mail to