Junior or Intermediate Building Physics Engineer - To £38K + Package
Looking to join a leader in Building Performance Engineering?
Established over a decade ago, this 120 strong building services and sustainability consultancy have established themselves as a leader in Building Performance Engineering.
Due to a steady increase in new projects; they are ideally looking for an additional Junior to Intermediate Building Physics Engineers for their London office. However they are also open to considering a switched on and ambitious Graduate Building Physics Engineer if you can use IES and do have a keen interest in sustainability, building services or environmental analysis.
Supported by a friendly Sustainability Associate you'll enjoy a diverse role of both Building Physics Engineering and also other broader Sustainability tasks such as Passivhaus, Life Cycle Assessments and Net Zero Carbon road maps.
Some of your key tasks will involve;
- Dynamic simulation modelling with IES-VE software.
- Building performance assessments for Thermal Comfort (CIBSE Guide A, TM52, TM59 & TM49, BB101 PSBP and BREEAM)
- Daylighting analysis (BREEAM Hea01)
- Energy efficiency (Part L & EPC).
- Preparing and presenting Energy and Sustainability strategies to clients.
- Assisting with Passivhaus best practices and using PHPP to model buildings.
- Overheating studies.
- Carrying out independent research in emerging or disruptive technologies or new materials.
- Delivering short presentations to clients relating to reducing energy and carbon within the built environment.
- Carrying out life cycle assessments and embodied carbon calculations.
- Familiar with IESVe and ideally AutoCAD or Revit.
- Able to work from the office (London) two to three days a week.