Principal Electrical Engineer
Established in the UK over 60 years ago, this multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy specialises in designing and delivering complex or interesting low carbon buildings.
Some of their recent awards include Consultancy of the Year, Net Zero Carbon Advisor of the Year,
and Engineering Consultant of the Year.
Due to growth, the Director of the London office has asked me to find them an additional Principal Electrical Design Engineer.
Reporting to their Electrical Technical Director, you'll be responsible for leading a variety of complex, or interesting projects from feasibility, all the way through to construction. Rather than having all their eggs in one basket, their fees are generated from four key sectors:
- Super prime residential
- Arts and Leisure
- Science and Research / Healthcare
Unlike so many other engineering consultancies who just compete on price, this engineering consultancy secures the majority of their work by repeat business, direct appointments or recommendations.
Their clients keep coming back to them, as their MEP and Sustainability Engineers will always go the extra mile, and make their clients aware of any potential problems they might experience, as the project develops.
Working in their modern and open place office based near London Bridge, you'll benefit from working directly with the London Director and also the Electrical TD, who are always at hand to help you.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to step up into a Principal role, where you'll get to partner with signature architects from the start of a project's lifespan, and develop your understanding of sustainability and net zero carbon design.
In addition to a basic salary of up to £65K, they also offer the following;
- 35-hour week (essentially giving you back an extra 30 minutes every day)
- A hybrid working policy of three days a week in the office.
- Flexible working hours (i.e., core hours are 10am - 4pm)
- 5% Pension
- 33 days leave
- Option of buying additional weeks leave
- Payment of Professional Memberships
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity and SSP
- Annual performance and pay review (normally May and October)
- 2 x formal company-wide events (usually summer and Christmas time)
- Degree qualified with at least 8 years' experience
- Previous experience leading projects and managing a team
- Good overall awareness of MEP, Energy & Sustainability and BIM.