Senior Mechanical Engineer - Birmingham - to £50k + Package
This multidisciplinary engineering consultancy has always looked after; and invested heavily in their employees. Most of their Senior leadership team are home grown talent, who have joined as Engineers and have moved up the ranks to Seniors, Associates and now Directors.
Due to succession planning they now have an opportunity for a reliable, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for their Birmingham office.
Supported by a Chartered Regional Director and a wider M&E team, you will be responsible for leading your own projects, liaising directly with clients, and providing a bit of guidance and mentoring to the Intermediate Engineers.
Rather than just getting involved in Stage 2 or 3 design, most of the projects they get involved in are to Stage 4 or 4C so they will often produce working drawings and installation drawings on behalf of the contractors.
- Manage and participate in a programme of site inspections and Building Service audits including but not limited to condition surveys, dilapidations, due diligence, PPM, and acquisition reports.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical; requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e., report, specifications and drawings scope.
- Agree level of service, and project duties for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Assist with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project.
- Carry out engineering concept design, tender and contract on site supervision to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular in-house design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
- Assist with identifying and implementing personal training and CPD requirements.
- Assist in developing working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement company health and safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- Implement requirements for ISO9001 and ISO4001.
- Ongoing training plus option to be sponsored by day release to complete an MSc.
- 4 x life assurance
- 25 days leave + bank holidays
- An extra days leave for your birthday
- Extra days leave to pursue a charitable cause
- Payment of 1 x professional membership
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Secure bike storage facilities and luxurious shower and changing facilities.
- Flexible working hours and option to work from home up to two (2) days a week.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Building Services practices, procedures, and standards, particularly principles of Electrical and Mechanical Design and Engineering Compliance.
- Chartered Engineer or associate member of CIBSE or other related professional body. (or working towards)
- HNC/HND or ideally Degree in Building Services or related subject
- Able to use IES or Hevacomp, preferably both.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team or in isolation.
- Proven team, contract, and project management skills.
- At least six years' experience in HVAC Design.
- Previous experience in commercial (offices), residential, mixed-use or education projects.
- Able to use your own initiative and make sensible decisions to drive projects forward.
If you'd like more information about this role, responsibilities, company etc please call me or send me a private message.