Intermediate Mechanical Engineers - Will your current consultancy survive if the market crashes further?
With all the doom and gloom and uncertainty in the economy, will your current consultancy survive the next 12 months?
- Does your current consultancy focus heavily on new build developments?
- Do they only operate across a few key market sectors?
- Do they secure most of their projects by competitively bidding on work, along with multiple other consultancies?
If this is the case, I'd personally be a bit worried about my job security, and, the stability of the company. It was only last week that a well-established, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with multiple offices across the UK decided to tell their employees they were going into liquidation, one day before they did.
On a more positive note, I have a unique opportunity with a privately owned consultancy that continues to flourish in the current economy.
Led by an entrepreneurial Director who became the youngest ever Partner in their previous firm, this consultancy partners directly with signature architects, major developers, and high net worth individuals.
This Building Services Consultancy is unique as they work across RIBA Stages 0 - 7 (not just RIBA Stages 3 or 4) and they continue to secure all their work by repeat business, or by direct recommendation.
They do not ever enter a "fastest race to the bottom" bidding war against other consultants for project work.
As an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer, you'll cover everything from feasibility studies, surveys, planning, performance specifications, concept, and detailed design as well as monitoring and supervising the installation stages, during the construction stage.
You'll use a variety of building services software such as IESVe, Bentley OpenBuildings Designer and Revit MEP to design, simulate and model how a variety of buildings will perform in use.
Some of their live projects (that are still going ahead) include:
- Student Accommodation - Conversion and full refurbishment of an existing listed building into a 110 room student accommodation.
- Heritage and Conservation - Major refurbishment of a Boutique hotel set in a wildlife park environment. Upgrades to places of worship and frameworks with major London Museums.
- Super prime residential - New build manor houses on behalf of millionaires and billionaires.
- Commercial - Refurbishment of an international Banks, former HQ building.
- Hotels - New build, luxury 250 room aparthotel.
If this sounds interesting and you'd like to speak in more detail, please do get in touch.
Keywords - Building Services, Design for Performance, CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant, Energy and sustainability statements, Low and Net Zero Carbon design, future proofing, Air Source Heat Pumps, Ground Source Heat Pumps (open and close loop), Water source heat pumps (Ie from a lake), PVs, Wind turbines, Biomass boilers, next generation energy networks, Passivhaus, Well, LEED, BREEAM, OpenBuildings Designer, IESVe, Revit MEP.