Sustainability Engineer - To £40K + Package
If you're passionate about helping design low carbon buildings and have a keen interest in Architecture and the Built Environment you'll love working here. Established in London over 15 years ago, this specialist MEP, Sustainability and Environmental Design Consultancy has two dedicated Sustainability teams, both teams work on a combination of UK and international projects.
They actively train and encourage all of their Engineers and Consultants to develop a broad understanding in all areas of sustainability such as Building Performance Engineering, Thermal and Energy Modelling, Life Cycle Assessments, Daylight and Sunlight Analysis, Onsite Renewables, Indoor Air Quality, Energy and Sustainability Strategies, Certification (LEED, BREEAM, Passivhaus, Nabers) and Smart Buildings.
Rather than just getting involved in the early stages, you'll benefit from seeing the majority of your projects from feasibility to construction and really develop your understanding of how to design, plan and deliver a truly energy efficient building.
With current projects ranging from 6 Star Resorts in Saudi Arabia, Net Zero Carbon Masterplans in the UK, Hotels and Resorts in the Caribbean to bespoke, super prime residential developments in the UK you certainly won't get bored here.
- Create Energy and Sustainability reports for planning to satisfy the London Plan
- Produce both domestic and non-domestic EPCs (Energy Performance Certificates)
- Provide assistance to the BREEAM consultants during the early stages of a project to ensure the proposed design meets the required BREEAM or LEED credits
- Assist with preparing BREEAM compliant reports for Energy Performance, Passive Design Analysis, Daylighting, Glare Control, Thermal Modelling and future Thermal Comfort
- Produce Circular Economy statements
- Use IESVe to carry out both steady state and dynamic thermal modelling using CIBSE TM59 for residential schemes and TM52 for commercial schemes
- Attend client, design team and site meetings
- Assist the Associates with the preparation of fee proposals and resource planning
- Degree qualified in Energy, Architectural Engineering, Renewable Energy, Mechanical, Building Services or Environmental Engineering or similar
- At least three years' experience as a Sustainability Engineer or Sustainability Consultant
- Able to use IESVe, EDSL Tas, iSBEM or Design Builder
- Familiar with Tracker Plus for logging BRREAM and LEED data
- Weekly Internal Lunch and Learn CPD's and external CPD's
- UK and international projects
- 25 days leave, 4% Pension, flexible working hours
- Annual salary review and salary increase
- Annual bonus
- Option of a nine day fortnight