Electrical Building Services Engineer - 6-month rolling contract - Up to £229 per day - 36.25 hrs pw
Your new company
Hays Building Services is working with a university based in the East Midlands, who require an Electrical Building Services Engineer to work within the estates & facilities department on a 6-month rolling contract. The department employs over 1000 people and provide a wide range of services across their campuses
Your new role
You will assist in the management and maintenance of key Electrical building services assets. A core part of this role will be to manage appointed Electrical contractors, who will be carrying out planned and day-to-day repairs - you will ensure that the works carried out are to a high standard, attend contractor meetings, immobilise / demobilise contract where necessary, deal with potential disputes, create and manage associated schemes of work from conception to completion and provide technical advice and solutions when required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in Building Services maintenance, specifically electrical, within a large organisation
- HNC / HND in Building Services Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in statutory compliance in the public, HE or healthcare sectors.
- Proven track record of effectively managing contractors
- In-depth Electrical technical knowledge
What you'll get in return
- 6-month rolling contract
- Up to £229 per day
- 36.25 hour per week
- Flexible working / Working from home
- Access to leading fitness / health facilities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.