Embodied Carbon Engineer - To £45K + Package + Opportunity to get involved in pioneering, R&D work within the built environment.
As a global leader in Building Performance Engineering this, Sustainability led, Building Services consultancy always acts on its values. They care just as much about the health and well-being of their employees as they care about the environment, and offer a supportive, inclusive, and friendly working environment.
Due to continued demand for their expertise in providing engineering, and science backed, low or zero carbon buildings they are looking for an additional Sustainability Engineer, to work within their LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) team.
Working closely with one of the UK's top thought leaders on Embodied Carbon and Life Cycle Assessments, you'll be instrumental in helping ensure that all the projects this consultancy undertakes treads more lightly on the planet as a whole.
As an Embodied Carbon Engineer in addition to undertaking LCA studies (Using One Click LCA), circular economy statements, whole life carbon calculations, and other embodied carbon project work, you'll also get involved in pure research and development projects.
You'll liaise closely with the inhouse MEP Design Engineers, Architects, Project Managers and Building Physics Engineers and feel good that you are helping the UK construction industry create a more regenerative society and a circular economy.
- 25 days leave
- Ongoing CPD, including access to their CIBSE Approved Training and Development program.
- Hybrid working policy of two days from home and three days in the office.
- Flexible working times with "Core Hours" between 10am - 4pm.
- 4% Pension
- 4 x Life Assurance
- An additional £100 per month to put towards a Wellness activity of your choice
- Paid subscription to both Calm and Thrive, mental health and wellbeing / sleep apps.
- Cycle to work scheme, or interest free season ticket loan
- Degree qualified with at least 12 months experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of LCA and embodied carbon assessments
- Able to use One Click LCA (or eTool) and a range of related software and tools such as IES (IESVe or IES Apache HVAC) and Rhino's plug ins such as Grasshopper, Ladybug, Honeybee etc.
- Good understanding of the typical MEP services, found within a range of buildings.
- Awareness of Nabers, Passivhaus, Greenstar, LEED, BREEAM, WELL, or FITWELL.
- Familiar with Net Zero Carbon Roadmaps, and decarbonisation strategies.