Intermediate / Senior M&E Maintenance Engineer - London Consultancy - up to £55K + 20% Bonus + Pension.
Want to join a fast-growing M&E Consultancy where you can help shape the business and see a clear career path and clear career progression?
You may already work in consultancy environment or be looking to make the transition from FM Contractor/Provider into Building Services Consultancy, into a secure role in which you will develop both your technical and commercial skills.
Ultimately a fantastic steppingstone for someone with technical M&E maintenance experience to move into Consultancy.
Due to business growth our client are looking for an Intermediate / Senior M&E Maintenance Engineer to work in their Maintenance Management & Consultancy team in London. Most of this work will be in Commercial Office Real Estate, working with Managing Agents and Direct Clients.
Their Maintenance Management team is small but growing fast with a 30% increase in turnover in the last 12 months, so this is a chance to help shape and develop the way they work and progress your career at the same time.
Working an evolving team, you'll gain exposure to all facets of Commercial Property and Building Services, keeping your days interesting and challenging, and setting you apart from your peers whilst giving your career stellar progress.
You won't be expected to work all hours as this forward-thinking consultancy, firmly believes in their flexible and autonomous working culture, ensuring they have exceptionally dynamic and experienced people on board who will support you all the way.
About the business and what's on offer
An Engineering Consultancy based in W1, London but obviously offering flexibility to work from home when possible. They were established in 2020 after several years of Engineering & Consultancy work in and around London. They generate all of their work on strong client relationships and have built a flexible working culture that ensures all their clients are supported with a high level of Engineering and Technical expertise.
They work with some fantastic Clients, Architects and Project Management firms, preferring to work on small to medium size jobs to keep the days interesting and challenging and to ensure that their Engineers gain exposure to many different facets of Commercial Property and Building Services.
The majority of the work will see you working both independently and with other staff members across multiple Client Portfolios and Properties. You will be responsible for:
- Routine Maintenance Auditing
- Asset Registers
- Lifecycle Surveys and Modelling
- Licence for Alterations and Wayleave Agreement Consultancy
- Maintenance Contract Procurement
- Chairing Contractor and Client meetings
- Pre-acquisition and Dilapidation Surveys
- Technical Support
- Plant Replacement Feasibility Studies
The role will ideally suit a Building Services, Mechanical, Electrical or MEP Engineer with 3+ years technical Building Services Consultancy or Client-side experience with strengths in the following areas:
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience in compiling technical reports
- Strong communication skills with Clients, Contractors and internally within the Team, both written and
- Practical experience of all aspects of Building Services and ability to troubleshoot problems with ease
- Accustomed to managing own diary and prioritising workload to achieve agreed delivery deadlines
- Comfortable working both independently and within a small team
- Commercial acumen for Business Development and identifying Client growth opportunities
You may also have opportunities to support with small Plant Replacement Projects in Buildings that you manage and support the wider Projects and Design team from time to time.
The most important qualities you can bring to the team are your Attitude and Integrity.
In addition to this, the following experience is desirable;
- A broad understanding of Mechanical & Electrical Services Systems and Operation
- Preferable to have previous experience working in a Consultancy or Contracting environment
- Track record of working in challenging and complex Commercial Buildings
- Excellent written English and Report writing skills
- Proficient with core Microsoft Office365 applications (Word / Excel)
- Experience in Energy Management or Assessment, such as Air Conditioning Inspection (TM 44),
- Commercial EPC or DECs would be advantageous but not essential
You will receive
- Competitive Salary - up to £55,000 per annum - dependent on experience
- Performance Bonus of up to 20%
- Annual leave of 28 days per year (exclusive of Statutory Holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Spot bonuses available
- Flexible working
If you think this sounds like your next move, then please get in touch.