We have an exciting opportunity to join Net Zero UK as a Senior Building Physics & Sustainability Engineer.
Let me introduce you to Net Zero UK:
- Our team works with high profile clients, locally and nationally – on projects which make a difference
- We are at the forefront of helping businesses and organisations towards net zero, with the support of cutting edge and sophisticated modelling software
- Our team is ambitious, dynamic and focused on delivering for our clients
- We are proud of our culture, which is open, friendly and supportive
- We will support your personal and professional growth – providing you with opportunities to challenge yourself and continually learn
- With hybrid working, we encourage you to achieve a work-life balance; whilst developing strong relationships with your colleagues, in and out of work
- We have a strong social and environmental conscience – supporting our local communities
As a Senior Building Physics & Sustainability Engineer, you will lead a team in undertaking calculations & reporting to support public and private sector clients to meet legislative and environmental/net zero commitments and targets. Deliver high-quality and clearly written outputs, and undertake building performance analysis, including Part L compliance, overheating assessment (CIBSE TM59), BRUKL reports and TM54, whilst staying abreast of legislation changes, regulations, and guidance.
You will have an in-depth understanding of thermal analysis, including peak plant sizing, annual energy analysis, lighting control, daylighting, and natural ventilation. The ability to undertake site inspections, covering thermal analysis inputs, including plant inspections and review of O&M manuals, along with a well-rounded understanding of the principles of building physics, from concept design input, options comparisons and thermal modelling.
- IES modelling experience is essential, Apache HVAC and/or EPC accreditation is desirable
- A science, engineering or building-related degree; a building sustainability/energy-related MSc is desirable
- Accreditation as Low Carbon Consultant (design and DSM) and Energy Assessor (level 5) would be favourable;
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant – desirable
- Working knowledge of BREEAM
- Interested in developing design tools to enable more efficient and accurate production of project deliverables.
We are nice people – who look to make a difference. If that also describes you, come join us.