Global MEP and Technology systems consulting engineering firm providing engineering solutions for large-scale, complicated, and fast-paced projects worldwide. Our clientele includes a diverse array of architects, developers, and others providing opportunities for our employees to work on some of the most exciting and innovative projects around the world.
We highly value building and sustaining client relationships through successful partnering with architects and owners. Our long-term partnerships with some of the world's most prestigious design firms are a testament to the success of our philosophy. We encourage and foster out-of-the-box, high-level thinking and employ cutting-edge strategies including state-of-the-art sustainable design techniques.
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and suitably experienced, Senior Electrical Engineer for an exciting opportunity in our London office. This position requires the individual to work on a variety of projects within the sports/stadia, hospitality, education, commercial, healthcare, and residential sectors.
You should be client-facing with the ability to motivate others and also work independently. You will work as part of a team, managing your own project work and design work to the required standards.
- Manage projects from inception to completion
- Produce electrical drawings from feasibility to technical design
- Produce specifications, schedules, drawings, and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages for review by Project team leaders
- Provide supervision and support at all stages of the design process both internally and to the project team
- Maintain, enhance, and apply both design and technical knowledge ensuring the production of high-quality drawings for review by senior team members
- Prepare outline scheme reports/technical content of the design information
- Produce electrical design calculations using Amtech (and other approved) software
- Participate in the design progress and coordination meetings
- Provide lead input to the design progress and coordination meetings
- Provide support at all stages of the design process
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The confidence to effectively communicate with clients
- Have knowledge of building electrical power and lighting systems
- Excellent understanding of RIBA design process to enable the delivery of design stages
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and budgets
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related subject
- Minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience
- Proficiency in Autodesk, Revit, Hevacomp, and Amtech preferred
- Experience in the design and coordination of power distribution, emergency power, lighting, security systems, and fire alarm design gained from relevant experience in different building project types
- Knowledge of IET Wiring Regulations, Building Regulations, CIBSE guides, BSRIA guides and applications
- Demonstrated technical abilities
Full-time position with excellent salary and benefits including private healthcare, pension, and 2/3 wfh/office hybrid working arrangements.