Your new company
An established building services contractor who specialises in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of off-site Prefabricated solutions for the commercial M&E sectors throughout Ireland. Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer to support their Design Team based in Banbridge.
Your new role
- To assist in the preparation of electrical designs for commercial heating plantrooms and prefabricated products for the high-rise residential market to include, general power and lighting, boiler plants, CHP generators, circulation pumps, inverters and BMS control equipment etc.
- Working in conjunction with an established design team who operate with the latest AutoCAD & MEP 3D design packages.
- Conduct Site Surveys of existing services to determine appropriate options for existing integration with BMS control packages.
- Prepare relevant electrical design drawings, plant selections, cabling routes and installation specification guides at the various design stages of the project
- Develop project specific BMS control panel drawings and description of operation to match the selected plant.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards.
- Attendance at project design meetings when required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to HNC/HND level in Electrical/ Control Engineering or an equivalent relevant qualification.
- Minimum of one years' design experience within building services.
- Experience of using Electrical Design Software.
- Knowledge of legislation, standards, safe working practices and environmental best practice would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisation, planning and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure on own initiatives to achieve self and team target.
- Experience in using AutoCAD, MEP. Revit or Amtech packages would be desirable
What you'll get in return
This post is permanent contract. It is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further your career. You will be working in brand new state of the art facilities which include break out areas, ultra-modern canteen facilities and many tea/coffee stations to quench your thirst.
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Health cash plan
- Free annual health check during working hours
- 30 days annual leave
- Social Events
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.