Building Services Design Coordinator 👷♀️👷♂️
£60,000 - £70,000 Plus benefits 💰
A fantastic opportunity to play a crucial part within an established company. The chosen candidate will need a background within many different projects and sectors to ensure that they can offer the best advice and support to ensure that designs and installations meets legislative and health and safety requirements. They will also monitor (not supervise) sub-contractor's electrical and mechanical installation works and resolve technical issues put forward by the operational teams on the various contracts in hand.
- Assist in negotiations and development of tenders.
- Assist operational teams by carrying out technical checks on proposed sub-contractors BEFORE they are appointed to make sure that they are technically competent to carry out the work.
- Attend progress and technical meetings as an advisor to the operational teams.
- Check Gas, Electrical and other services related certification is compliant.
- Liaise with the Site Inspection Reporting system and provide regular reports to the operational teams.
- Liaise closely with in-house and external designers, providing advice and guidance on practical aspects of mechanical and electrical installations.
- Oversee and comment on sub-contractor's installation drawings, technical submissions and O&M information.
- Advising on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint.
- Provide regular reports to your manager on progress and status of the various activities and works being undertaken.
- Perform any other reasonable duties requested by your manager.
If you're looking for a new challenge and feel ready to grow into this role, then get in touch with Jamie Creed today - Jamie @conradconsulting.co.uk