Applications are invited for the above post in the Estates & Facilities Department.
The successful candidate will help us manage our building services and statutory compliance, including carbon reduction projects to our estate. This is an ideal opportunity for those wishing to advance their estates career and enjoy varied tasks as part of a small friendly and professional team.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of managing and delivering mechanical, electrical and statutory maintenance, construction, projects, building maintenance programmes and general contract management.
- Possession of HNC BTEC in M&E Engineering or Building Construction or equivalent qualification and/or with knowledge of legislation applicable to the management of premises and facilities.
- Basic keyboard skills and ability to use MS Office Suite.
- Previous experience in managing budget and working within financial constraints.
- Possess experience of managing and motivating building contractors and consultants.
- Demonstrate the ability to supervise and motivate staff, together with experience of managing external consultants.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills, with the ability to produce clear, concise reports.
- Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the role, for example climbing ladders and working in restricted spaces.
- Ability to travel as required mainly around Norfolk and Suffolk and occasionally further within the UK.
- Willingness to provide out of hours callout support.
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Technical membership of a Building Services professional body. EG: CIBSE, CIOB, RICS.
- Ability to use property management ICT packages and Architectural AutoCAD and Building Energy Management Systems.
- Previous experience of working in a client serviced role within the public sector.
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday.
This post is offered on a permanent basis within the Estates & Facilities Department.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Duncan Potter (Head of Estates) on Duncan.Potter@norfolk.police.uk
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisation requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Please return completed applications by email – firstname.lastname@example.org