Manchester, Greater Manchester
We have teamed up with a market-leading M&E firm in Manchester who are looking for a keen engineer who has a background working in Sustainability.
Due to their growing workload, they are actively seeking an engineer who has experience in a broad range of sustainable design solutions all in relation to the Government's net-zero 2050 plans. The ideal candidate will consequently have experience working on decarbonisation studies as well as dynamic thermal modeling and environmental analysis.
Our client currently works in partnership with ongoing and current construction projects, on a local and national scale.
The ideal candidate will have some understanding and experience of working on building design and architecture consultations, and will also have:
- Have a significant interest in sustainability, green buildings, and energy modeling for buildings.
- Possess a relevant degree in building physics, building engineering, energy modeling, or a related field.
- Have strong report-writing skills that are appropriate for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Have a firm grasp on energy flow and building systems.
- Have a strong work ethic and know-how to manage your time.
- Be computer proficient and have a strong understanding of Microsoft Office software.
An ideal applicant will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the building energy modeling process and a working familiarity with the IES VE or EDSL TAS modeling software.
- Have produced thermal comfort, daylight, and airflow modeling studies in the past.
- Know how to use the REVIT programme from Autodesk.
- Have a thorough understanding of building design, energy, and emissions regulations.
- Have a working understanding of green building certifications (LEED, BREEAM, WELL, NABERS, Passivhaus)
- Have excellent communication abilities, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to mentor and manage junior co-workers.
If you feel you are suitable for this position, please call Jed Canham on 01728 726122 or email
jed @ conradconsulting.co.uk