Mechanical and Electrical Inspector, Ballymena, up to £30,000, Long term temporary contract.
Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by our client, the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) to recruit a Mechanical & Electrical Inspector. Based in their Ballymena office within the Private Sector Improvement Services team, which is a multi-disciplinary and professional in-house operation. This organisation has more than 85,000 properties and employs 3,000 members of staff throughout NI.
Your new role
This is a long-term temporary contract, working 37 hours per week. You will be responsible for all mechanical and electrical technical aspects of grant applications pertaining to various grant schemes, including inspection of the property, preparation of a schedule of works, costing, reviewing cost adjustments.
Some of the main duties include:
- Review drawings/plans and carry out a technical and measurement assessment of properties for which a grant application has been received.
- Prepare a costed schedule of works specifying items to be grant aided in accordance with PSIS Technical guidance.
- Apply M&E skills, knowledge and experience for domestic heating solutions and other measures where applicable.
- Assess oil and gas boiler condition and associated heating components and make decisions/recommendations based on findings.
- Provide householders with energy advice that will help them to reduce energy/fuel costs.
- Review technical documentation in support of individual applications and assess that they meet the technical requirements of the scheme.
- To cost individual applications using the approved Schedule of Rates and in compliance with the PSIS costing policy.
Full job description available on request
What you'll need to succeed
Essential Qualification Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Mechanical and Electrical discipline plus at least 2 years' relevant post qualification experience.
- BTEC Higher Cert/Diploma or equivalent in a relevant Mechanical and Electrical discipline plus at least 3 years' relevant post qualification experience.
Exceptionally, candidates who do not meet the qualification requirement but who can demonstrate 4 years' relevant experience and are willing to obtain the relevant M&E related qualifications within 2 years may also be considered.
Desirable Qualification Criteria:
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following qualifications:
- Gas Safe: CCN1
- Oftec: 101, 105 & 600
- City & Guilds Energy Awareness
What you'll get in return
Salary range, up to £30,000.
You will get the opportunity to work for a large Housing Body on an ongoing temporary contract. This position offers an immediate start with weekly payment via BACS transfer with all business mileage expenses being reimbursed at 45p per mile. The role allows for an excellent work-life balance with the working hours amounting to 37 per week along with an annual holiday entitlement of 34 days, inclusive of stats.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.