Global MEP and technology systems consulting engineering firm providing engineering solutions for large-scale, complex, and faced paced projects worldwide.
They place an emphasis on building and sustaining excellent client relationships with architects, developers, and owners through successful partnering. Their long-term relationships with some of the world's most prestigious design firms are a testament to the success of their philosophy and provide opportunities for their employees to work on some of the most exciting and innovative projects globally. They encourage and foster out-of-the-box, high-level thinking and employ cutting-edge strategies including state-of-the-art sustainable design techniques.
They are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and suitably experienced Senior Electrical Engineer for an opportunity in their London office. This position requires the individual to work on a variety of projects within the sports/stadia, hospitality, education, commercial, healthcare, and residential sectors.
You should be client-facing with the ability to motivate others and also work independently. You will work as part of a team, managing your own project work and design work to the required standards.
- Manage projects from inception to completion
- Produce electrical drawings from feasibility to technical design
- Produce specifications, schedules, drawings, and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages for review by Project team leaders
- Provide supervision and support at all stages of the design process both internally and to the project team
- Maintain, enhance, and apply both design and technical knowledge ensuring the production of high-quality drawings for review by senior team members
- Prepare outline scheme reports/technical content of the design information
- Produce electrical design calculations using Amtech (and other approved) software
- Participate in the design progress and coordination meetings
- Provide lead input to the design progress and coordination meetings
- Provide support at all stages of the design process
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The confidence to effectively communicate with clients
- Have knowledge of building electrical power and lighting systems
- Excellent understanding of RIBA design process to enable the delivery of design stages
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and budgets
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related subject
- Minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience
- Proficiency in Autodesk, Revit, Hevacomp, and Amtech preferred
- Experience in the design and coordination of power distribution, emergency power, lighting, security systems, and fire alarm design gained from relevant experience in different building project types
- Knowledge of IET Wiring Regulations, Building Regulations, CIBSE guides, BSRIA guides and applications
- Demonstrated technical abilities
Full-time position with excellent salary and benefits including private healthcare, pension, and 2/3 wfh/office hybrid working arrangements.