Senior Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer
- Beeby Anderson Recruitment
- London, SE1
- £50k - £60k - wfh hybrid + benefits
- Closing date
- 4 Jan 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Mechanical engineering, Design, Principal Designer
- Consultant, Engineer, Project Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Global MEP and Technology systems consulting engineering firm providing engineering solutions for large-scale, complex, and fast-paced projects worldwide.
They place an emphasis on building and sustaining excellent client relationships with architects, developers, and owners through successful partnering. Their long-term relationships with some of the world's most prestigious design firms are a testament to the success of their philosophy and provide opportunities for their employees to work on some of the most exciting and innovative projects globally. They encourage and foster out-of-the-box, high-level thinking and employ cutting-edge strategies including state-of-the-art sustainable design techniques.
They are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and suitably experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer for an opportunity in their London office. This position requires the individual to work on a variety of projects within the sports/stadia, hospitality, education, commercial, healthcare, and residential sectors.
You should be client-facing with the ability to motivate others and also work independently. You will work as part of a team, managing your own project work and design work to the required standards.
- Manage projects from inception to completion.
- Produce mechanical designs and drawings from feasibility to technical design
- Produce mechanical specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages for review by project team leaders
- Produce design calculations using IES / HEVACOMP / ANYSYS (and other approved software)
- Have a lead input to the design progress and coordination meetings
- Provide supervision and support at all stages of the design process both internally and to the project team
- Have detailed knowledge of building services systems
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- The confidence to effectively communicate with clients
- Excellent understanding of RIBA design process to enable delivery of design stages
- Excellent proven organisational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage timelines and budgets
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years' post graduate experience
- Proficiency in Autodesk, Revit, Hevacomp, and IES preferred
- Experience in the design and co-ordination of building services, production of energy statements and development of sustainable design solutions
- Detailed knowledge of Building Regulations, CIBSE guides, BREEAM, LEED, BSRIA guides and applications
- Flexibility to travel
- Demonstrated technical abilities
This is a full-time position with excellent salary and benefits including private healthcare, pension, and 2/3 wfh/office hybrid working arrangements.
Beeby Anderson Recruitment is an independent agency that specialises in temporary and permanent Building Services recruitment in the UK and Internationally.
By operating solely in this niche market you can be assured that 100% of our time is devoted to developing our unrivaled knowledge of the Building Services jobs market, and to ensure that we provide our clients and candidates with a consistently high-quality tailored service.
Here at Beeby Anderson Recruitment we understand that our reputation is based on our customer's experiences so we strive to provide you with the best possible service. We will always go the extra mile to ensure we are building and maintaining strong partnerships based on honesty and integrity.
For our candidates, we provide a complete comprehensive approach to managing your job search; and for our clients we target the best people, and attract them to your business.
- 020 3176 2666
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert