Global MEP and Technology systems consulting engineering firm providing engineering solutions for large-scale, complex, and fast-paced projects worldwide.
They place an emphasis on building and sustaining excellent client relationships with architects, developers, and owners through successful partnering. Their long-term relationships with some of the world's most prestigious design firms are a testament to the success of their philosophy and provide opportunities for their employees to work on some of the most exciting and innovative projects globally. They encourage and foster out-of-the-box, high-level thinking and employ cutting-edge strategies including state-of-the-art sustainable design techniques.
They are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and suitably experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer for an opportunity in their London office. This position requires the individual to work on a variety of projects within the sports/stadia, hospitality, education, commercial, healthcare, and residential sectors.
You should be client-facing with the ability to motivate others and also work independently. You will work as part of a team, managing your own project work and design work to the required standards.
- Manage projects from inception to completion.
- Produce mechanical designs and drawings from feasibility to technical design
- Produce mechanical specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages for review by project team leaders
- Produce design calculations using IES / HEVACOMP / ANYSYS (and other approved software)
- Have a lead input to the design progress and coordination meetings
- Provide supervision and support at all stages of the design process both internally and to the project team
- Have detailed knowledge of building services systems
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- The confidence to effectively communicate with clients
- Excellent understanding of RIBA design process to enable delivery of design stages
- Excellent proven organisational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage timelines and budgets
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years' post graduate experience
- Proficiency in Autodesk, Revit, Hevacomp, and IES preferred
- Experience in the design and co-ordination of building services, production of energy statements and development of sustainable design solutions
- Detailed knowledge of Building Regulations, CIBSE guides, BREEAM, LEED, BSRIA guides and applications
- Flexibility to travel
- Demonstrated technical abilities
This is a full-time position with excellent salary and benefits including private healthcare, pension, and 2/3 wfh/office hybrid working arrangements.