Senior Electrical Building Services Design Engineer
As an Electrical Design Engineer you must demonstrate sound knowledge of electrical building services provide support and line management to the electrical team to progress multiple projects producing schematics and engineering calculations within agreed timescales.
Business Operation and Development:
* To have future business development in mind at all times, maintain good relationship with all Industry contacts and promoting the business where opportunities arise.
* Ensure that all projects remain in budget, monitor whether additional fees are appropriate and control team workload to meet the schedules
* To actively assist management to maintain an effective business by raising potential threats and suggesting remedies to overcome
* To actively review, in conjunction with the process owners, the design process
* Produce schematics, elevations, details in AutoCAD which meet engineering directives, UK engineering standards, CDM regulations and drawing and quality procedures
* Produce and check engineering calculations as required
* Support the team with project checking/reviews; resolving issues in order to maintain timeframes and quality compliance
* Co-ordinate drawings/CAD with other disciplines, having an understanding of other engineering principles
* Maintain a working knowledge of appropriate engineering and industry standards
* Liaise concisely and professionally with external members of the design team and Clients on Technical subjects whether at client meetings, workshops, project review meetings
* Respond accurately, concisely and correctly to Design Team and Contractor queries including RFIs, Tech Subs etc in line with WDA approved products
* Complete timesheets daily and accurately
* To maintain a high standard of probity in professional, personal and financial
* Maintaining good relations with colleagues and external partners
* To work flexibly and efficiently to maintain the highest professional standards
* To ensure you maintain your continued professional development
* To ensure you effective manage the Health and Safety of yourself, your team and clients
* Ensure that the highest level of commercial confidentiality is maintained
* To act in accordance with Group policies and procedures
* To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.