Building Services engineering consultancy offering a wide array of strategic and technical skills and services. These range from building digital twins to traditional mechanical, electrical, and public health (MEP) advice and design. This unique combination helps asset owners and managers move from simply setting sustainability targets to achieving real, net-zero outcomes. They are an innovative and forward-thinking company involved in unique software development and research partnerships with local universities.
Seeking to recruit an ambitious and talented individual to help the directors lead on the next phase of rapid growth as a company. The Associate Director will take an active role in developing the business and services, managing and prioritising client requirements as well as lead and develop a small but rapidly growing team of digital engineering and sustainability consultants.
A key remit of the job will be to ensure that all IES modelling outputs are accurate and to the highest standards. The successful applicant will also be able to balance the legislative requirements with the innovative thinking required to meet and beat the net zero carbon challenge in existing buildings. The role will also require experience and knowledge of ApacheHVAC, an understanding of how buildings really operate and experience in delivering BREEAM credits.
They are a delivery partner for NABERS UK and the successful applicant will take a key role in shaping their service offer in relation to this new rating system and how it interacts with EPC requirements.
Their conceptual designs are highly likely to be implemented in the assets they support which makes this a unique and exciting opportunity to see projects through from concept to full operation and to play a key role in the drive to achieve real net-zero.
- Use their initiative with minimal supervision
- Accurately interpret client instructions and be confident in multi-stakeholder discussions
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines in a proactive and coordinated manner ensuring deadlines are met and any crises are dealt with calmly and decisively.
- Supervise and manage a high-performing team; helping them develop their skills.
- Identify and lead on business development opportunities.
- Issue clear and concise client-facing reports and technical documents.
- A degree in engineering or the sciences (BEng or BSc)
- Three years' experience in IES VE
- CIBSE Level 5 (EPC/BRUKL) accreditation
- Awareness of NABERS UK
- Experience of producing some or all of the following:
- BREEAM technical credits (ENE, HEA04 etc.)
- BRUKL reports and energy strategies
- NZC/Energy audits
- Life Cycle Cost (LCC) planning
- Life Cycle Assessment calculations
- MEI Chartered Energy Manager
- CEng or IEng
- IES VE Apache HVAC
- ESOS Lead Assessor
- BREEAM Assessor
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a key role in the development of a fast growing and innovative company that values high-quality outputs and works with blue-chip clients such as Abrdn, Fidelity International and JLL.
They will also be able to push the boundaries of where engineering consultancy ends and sustainability consultancy begins as we enter an exciting and important decade for the sustainable operation and management of portfolios of existing buildings.
- CPD, internal and external training, supported professional and career development
- 25 days annual leave per year plus public holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme and health care after the qualifying period
- Discretionary bonus
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible working
- Headquarters in a beautiful regional area of economic growth with affordable house prices and a relaxed lifestyle perfect for anyone wishing to escape the city.