Intermediate Mechanical (HVAC) Engineer - To £48K + Package + Flexibility Autonomy.
Are you looking for more flexibility and autonomy in 2023?
This MEP division of this multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy is led by a Chartered and supportive Mechanical Director, who believes in giving all employees as much flexibility and autonomy as they need.
To quote him "I don't mind where the work is completed, or if staff want to work from home more, or work from our London office."
Their Glassdoor reviews often say things like "Great place to work, really nice culture, loads of flexibility, excellent and supportive managers."
As an Intermediate Mechanical (HVAC / Building Services) Design Engineer you'll receive ongoing training and support so you can progress to Senior Engineer level within the next year, and start leading your own projects.
And rather than just being stuck behind a computer screen all day, here you'll get to oversee the installation, testing or commissioning of HVAC systems on the projects you have helped design.
- Production of HVAC design calculations and assisting with the design of hot and cold-water services on projects across RIBA stage 2 - 5.
- Carrying out duct sizing, pipe sizing, plant sizing, heat loss and heat gain calculations, and pressure drop calculations using Bentley Hevacomp.
- Marking up AutoCAD drawings for the CAD staff to finalise
- Producing Tender/Contract information (including layouts, specifications & schedules)
- Attend design team meetings with contractors, client's or architects.
- Respond to the contractor RFI's.
- Coordinate the HVAC design with the Electrical and Structural Engineers.
- Attend site visits and FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing) to develop your understanding of the building services industry.
- Degree (Or HNC / HND) qualified in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
- Able to use Bentley Hevacomp, IES, Revit or AutoCAD.
- Previous hotel, residential, commercial office or mixed-use project experience.
- At least one years' experience in the Building Services industry.
- Able to work on multiple projects and thrive in a busy consultancy environment.
This opportunity is with a medium sized, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy based in London who offer quick progression, lots of variety and autonomy and a supportive and friendly working environment.