Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer - £66K + Package
Tired of having to churn out poor quality designs just to try and ensure your projects remain profitable?
Well, you're not alone.
This is one of the main reasons why this building services and environmental design consultancy was established in 2010, by four entrepreneurial individuals.
Rather than entering a 'fastest race to the bottom' scenario, by competing against other consultancies based just on cost, they secure the majority of their projects directly from architects or end user clients.
They partner with architects on interesting and meaningful projects and create innovative, low carbon buildings that enhance and improves the occupants' lives. Recent projects include listed buildings, galleries and studios, hotels, commercial offices, and large-scale mixed-use developments or regeneration projects across the UK and abroad.
As a Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer, you will lead projects, manage fees and resources, lead the design and coordination, produce concept designs, calculations, drawings, specifications, equipment schedules and attend client presentations, meetings, and site visits.
You'll use your knowledge of architecture, structural engineering, sustainability, and environmental design to ensure that the building services are fully integrated and coordinated within a building.
You'll also monitor and manage the workload of junior team members, develop their skills, share knowledge, and offer guidance when required.
In return they offer a relaxed, diverse, and inclusive office culture and actively encourage applications regardless of identity, personal characteristics, or background.
- Salary up to £66K basic
- Annual performance and salary review
- Up to 30 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- 4% pension
- 4 x Life assurance
- Free selection of fresh fruit and tea and coffee
- Payment of up to 2 x Professional Memberships
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme or interest free season ticket loan
- Weekly and monthly social activities
- At least six (6) years' experience as a consulting, Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer.
- Able to lead a project from start to construction.
- Comfortable providing support and supervision to a team of engineers.
- Up to date knowledge of CIBSE guidelines, British Standards and CDM regulations.
- Awareness of environmental design and sustainability issues within the built environment.