Technical Consulting Engineer
Central Manchester, England (St James’ Building – M1 6EG)
Job type: Full-time
Working days: Monday to Friday
Flexible Hybrid working available
MagiCAD Group is a leading provider of high-end software solutions and customised supporting services to the Building Services industry. The company is behind the globally renowned ‘MagiCAD’ portfolio of MEP products which are used by 1000’s of design consultancies in more than 80 countries worldwide. With over 40 years of experience, the software has a proven track record for supporting the successful and efficient delivery of MEP design projects with Aecom, Buro Happold, Ramboll, and WSP being just a selection of the 100’s or UK and Irish customers on board.
The MagiCAD business serves an extensive customer base in China, Russia, and the Nordics, as well as other rapidly growing European markets such as the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, and France. MagiCAD Group is part of the Glodon group of companies which is headquartered in Beijing, China. Glodon is the 5th largest Architectural, Engineering and Construction (AEC) software company globally and are listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
We continue to strengthen our operations in the UK and are currently seeking to hire a highly motivated, customer-orientated, socially outgoing Technical Consulting Engineer to join our growing UK based technical team of MEP Engineers
In this role you will work alone and collaboratively as part of a wider technical team responsible to deliver, maintain, and assist with creating a high-quality customer experience in relation to the MagiCAD MEP portfolio of software products and supporting services. The position requires input and the full delivery of tasks such as bespoke software training, customised consultancy services, on-boarding packages, and to ensure their efficient and timely delivery.
A strong emphasis is placed on maintaining extensive customer engagement, ensuring customer satisfaction, maintaining customer retention, increasing software usage, driving market expansion, and ensuring the customers’ overall loyalty to the platform. This will be achieved by fully supporting customers on their journey to successfully implement the software, fully embed the solution into their design workflow, and enable them to succeed long-term with using the software properly to ensure MagiCAD is their go-to MEP design tool.
In addition to the above, the role also requires working closely with the UK sales team to provide support in promoting and winning sales through live product demonstrations and responding to customer technical questions. In addition, other aspects of the position include input into marketing activities, creating recorded webinar software demonstrations and offering development of processes and procedures between the sales and technical teams
Duties and Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate will meet and perform the following criteria:
- Sales support * – Work closely with the sales team and support all aspects of the sales process. Attend online / in-house customer meetings, perform live technical software demos, respond to open technical questions, and provide sales with day-to-day technical advice where necessary.
- Onboarding services – Provide input into selecting and proposing the most suited training and consultancy services package to ensure the most successful customer journey. Be responsible for organising and delivering services online / in-house to a high standard and to a strict timeline.
- Customer satisfaction – Maintain a premium level of end-to-end customer satisfaction from initial customer engagement to purchase, implementation of the software and delivery of customised services, through to software support.
- Customer engagement – Be outgoing, motivated, and driven to regularly engage directly with existing customers. Be responsible to identify opportunities to further develop, nurture, and build long-term trusting technical-orientated relationships with key contacts and decision makers.
- Customer success – Part of team responsible for driving software retention and increasing customer usage through the analysis of data (Power BI), delivery of services, and engagement.
- Customer feedback – Harvest product feedback from existing customers by creating, developing, and maintaining a solid network of two-way feedback channels.
- Software development – Assist with product development by recognising local market requirements, standards, and key features that will lead to increased usage and enhance sales.
- Technical support – Assist with providing local technical support to existing customers and through doing so, strive to better understand how the software is used in a live environment.
- Industry Knowledge – Be at the forefront of developments in software technology, working methodologies, and competitor activities within the MEP market sector.
- Marketing – Support the marketing team by providing local industry knowledge and guidance. Deliver public webinars and technical orientated material such as short videos for social media.
- Promotional Activities – Be active within the MEP market sector to promote the software and supporting services by attending events, seminars, conferences, and user groups.
- Professionalism – Ensure the brand in represented at all times in a personable and professional manner through contact with clients, prospects, and partners
* Although the role is technical, it is essential to have a sales-orientated mindset. This will assist the sales team with winning new opportunities, support the generation of upsell opportunities to existing customers, and support overall company growth and profitability
The role involves working both in the office and remotely. After the completion of onboarding, the ideal candidate will eventually become very autonomous and perform to a high level without requiring regular supervision. This will involve taking responsibility for their own actions, completing tasks on time, set their own targets and outcomes, responding promptly to customer needs, and demonstrate punctuality when arriving to both internal and external meetings and appointments.
Requirements & Skills
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements and skills:
- Educated to degree level – BEng and/or MEng n Mechanical or Electrical Engineering *
- Minimum of 3 years successful experience working as either a Mechanical or Electrical design Engineer within the UK MEP Building Services sector
- Have at least utilised Revit MEP on one completed project, ideally using the software from project initiation to handover
- Knowledge of BIM in the UK MEP Building Services sector, its future demands, and other associated standards
- Native English speaker or native-level mandatory
- Strong verbal and excellent written English communication skills essential
* Non-degree level qualifications will be considered if superior industry, software knowledge, and experience can be demonstrated.
Essential skills –
- Are outgoing, have excellent social skills, and are excellent at building strong client relationships
- Good organisational skills with ability to manage long-term projects alongside daily tasks
- Work well under pressure, prioritise tasks, and deliver to strict deadlines and goals
- Team orientated, but can work independently, flexibly, and at times under minimal supervision
- Have a strong attention to detail at all times
- Are enthusiastic, self-motivated, willing to learn, and have a proactive ‘can do’ attitude
Software skills –
- Experience of using Autodesk Revit MEP on live projects
- Experience of using MagiCAD for Revit a significant advantage but not essential
- Experience using other MEP software such as DIALux, Dynamo, StabiCAD, etc., a bonus
- Competent in Microsoft products such as Windows, Office 365, and Teams
- Excellent computer literacy and a good understanding of file manipulation
- Knowledge of using tools such as GoToWebinar, Camtasia, etc.
What we offer
MagiCAD Group Ltd provides a highly supportive and collaborative work environment with the ability for employees to learn and grow beyond current responsibilities. We are an entrepreneurial start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy and ensure the maximum opportunity for employees to take charge of their work. We want our employees to have input and affect the company’s strategy and business direction and to take responsibility for building and expanding our market growth.
- Standard working week – Monday to Friday
- Hybrid working supported – Office / Remote
- 25 days of paid holiday per year + UK public holidays
- Bupa premium level private Healthcare
- Group Life insurance
- Income Protection insurance
- Workplace pension
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Attractive group-level company profit sharing bonus plan
Other Benefits and Perks
- Centrally located office with good public transport connectivity
- Brand-new, modern, and ergonomic Nordic influenced working environment
- Comprehensive on-boarding programme
- Best Workplaces™ - Top 20 ‘Great Places to Work’ awarded to the group in 2019
- Part of an exciting and international working culture with over 20 languages spoken
- Part of the Glodon Group of companies
- External and on-job training to support career growth
- Birthday gifts & Years of service rewards
- Firstbeat Life™ - Supporting employee health and well-being through advanced sciencebacked Insights for balancing stress / recovery
- Nutrition & Fitness Programme consultation, and access to Mental health support
- Local office get-togethers & Team building activities
- Biannual group-wide company events held at the HQ in Finland