Job Title: Mechanical Healthcare Sector Lead
Directly reports to: Location Director
No of Direct Reports: 0
To lead, deliver and grow the Wallace Whittle Warrington Office Healthcare Sector Projects and offering by virtue of strong technical and project management capabilities and Healthcare Sector Business Development Support.
Responsibilities and authority:
- Technically lead the delivery of the MEP design drawings and specification and ensure the WW expectancy for its clients and self of ‘Quality Product & Service’
- Liaise with and provide the project focal point for clients and lead/or support consultants to ensure that client interests are most effectively fulfilled
- Possess and maintain a Strong Technical knowledge and CPD within the Mechanical Healthcare Sector, including HTM’s
- In collaboration with the WW Location Director(s), grow the Healthcare Sector work within the region and be a recognisable figurehead across the sector and business.
- Carryout Business Development for new clients and nurture Business Development relationships with existing clients
- Generate BD opportunities for bids and enquiries across multiple streams and prepare fee proposals and presentations
- Attendance at Healthcare Sector Industry Events
- Lead framework opportunities and responses respective to healthcare
- Collaborate and work effectively with all others affecting or affected by your work
- Adopt a responsible attitude to project management and actively undertake training and development of subordinate staff
- Ensure documentation issued from WW in respect of a project has been technically evaluated in accordance with all relevant procedures and their respective Quality System
- Carry out all personal management duties including weekly recording of man-hour commitments to individual projects and reporting on a monthly basis particular project fee input information
- Comply with all security procedures and commercial in-confidence restrictions associated with work duties
- Contribute to the maintenance of the highest possible standards of design by maintaining a robust working knowledge of proved building services systems and new developments in the Building Services Industry
- Carry out the following project technical responsibilities of a Mechanical Sector Lead, including but not limited to the following:
Preparation and/or development of the client brief; development of project cost plans; estimation of project in-house resource requirements; assist in the development of project pre and post tender programmes; carry out surveys of existing facilities and prepare survey reports; prepare design calculations in accordance with all relevant standards and legislation adopting all necessary standard formats and procedures; prepare design drawings in sufficient detail to enable our 3D BIM team to produce detail drawings as required for tender, construction or other purposes; prepare particular project specifications and schedules adapting standard specification information where possible; assist client in the selection of appropriate methods of contracting works; technically vet tenders and provide advice to client on acceptance; carry out site supervision duties as necessary to ensure works are installed in accordance with contract documentation and good engineering practice; assist in the financial valuations; prepare feasibility studies and any specialist studies as required by the project brief; justify systems selection by means of investment appraisal techniques; if required by project brief; prepare presentation material and carry out presentations to client.
- Undertake all other duties as may be required to assist in the fulfilment of the primary objectives of the Directors
- To manage the workload of junior staff resource ensuring all deadlines and project requirements are met by liaising with Project Managers
- To manage the electrical/mechanical/BIM/Sustainability staff resource, maximising the potential and developing the staff as required.
- To contribute to ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with the relevant ISO and national legislation
- Undertake presentations to the project team or new/existing clients
- To ensure contract compliance with the IMS, by supporting the administration of the Internal Audit programme, corrective action and customer feedback registers
- To comply with strategy and actions which encourage and produce a safe working environment for all staff, which reduces the impact to the environment
Education and Experience:
- BEng (Hons) Chartered Engineer preferable or equivalent industry experience considered.
- Previous experience in consulting engineering environment essential
Specific skills, knowledge, competencies and training Essential:
- Presentable individual with a committed work ethic to ownership, responsibility, and accountability
- Customer care, effective project management and communication skills
- Track record & visibility in the Healthcare Sector