Permeant role: Mechanical Building Services Engineer - Loughborough University - Grade 6 / £30,942 - £40,322
Your new company
Loughborough University is an outstanding institution, world renowned for its superb teaching and contributions to science, sport, and business. The University can be proud of a long rich history and today still plays a huge influential role benefiting the development of students, staff, and wider society at home and abroad.
In 2020 the University was named University of the Year at the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2020. The Award was based on reviews and ratings made by current students across the UK. In April this year, the E&FM department won the Best Team voted for by the Association of University Directors of Estates.
Your new role
Your new role as Mechanical Building Services Engineer will involve the preparation of mechanical building service designs, engineering drawings, specifications and supervision of mechanical building service installations across the University estate.
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant post-qualification employment experience
- Experience of working within engineering/construction project teams.
- Skills and abilities
- Ability to project-manage clients and contractors, including the briefing process.
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Practical, with the ability to develop an engineering solution to new mechanical installation requirements
- Ability to understand the requirements of non-construction professionals and anticipating their needs.
- Highly professional with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with project clients, customers and colleagues.
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple priorities within conflicting timescales
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent service-oriented approach to the delivery of projects for customers/clients
- Proven ability to manage budgets effectively
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD; good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- A willingness to undertake future training as required.
- A willingness to adopt new procedures as and when required.
- Evidence of continual development in line with industry developments
- HND in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Building Services
- ILM level 2 in Management or equivalent, or willing to undertake this.
- Accredited qualification in a specialised mechanical discipline eg. Gas, LEV, Refrigeration etc.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or willingness to undertake this
- Flexible and willing to work out of hours if required
- Full Driving Licence required
What you'll get in return
Grade 6 / £30,942 - £40,322. 34 days inclusive of 8 Bank holidays and 6 University closure days, rising to 39 days after 5 years service. Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme with an employer's contribution of 21% and employees contribution of 6.5%.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.