Mechanical Associate to £70k + Package
Do you want to play a key part in the growth of this privately owned innovative consultancy and become part of their senior management team?
This dynamic consultancy, who have a solid presence in Manchester, are growing their London team and are looking for a Mechanical Associate to work alongside their newly appointed London MEP Director and Electrical Associate.
You might be an experienced Associate, or a Senior ready to step up to Associate. If you are looking for a role that will give you the autonomy to run your own projects from start to finish, be client facing and truly shape the growth of this company, then this opportunity will interest you.
Both the Manchester & London Directors passionately believe that their people are their greatest assets and will endeavour to support their professional growth, this is evidenced by the number of Associates they have in the business that started with them as Apprentices/Graduates.
You will get involved in a variety of projects such as schools, student accommodation, and offices, and whilst you will be involved in the design up to Stage 3, you certainly won't find yourself stuck behind a desk all day and will be integral to managing stage 5 on site. Client meetings will form a key part of the role so your ability to build relationships with clients and manage the project at all stages will be crucial.
Alongside working on the mechanical side of the projects, a keen interest in the decarbonisation of the built environment would be advantageous.
Their London base is located between London Bridge and Waterloo, and they support a hybrid working policy of 2/3 days in the office and the remainder from home. You will be also supported by the wider team based in the Manchester office.
- Asist the London Director to undertake business development in relation to sourcing new clients.
- Carry out project management duties including when acting as a lead consultant
- Production of Fee Proposals.
- Attend Design Team Meetings and brief engineers.
- Carry out production of Scheme Reports, condition reports and surveys.
- Undertake the design of Mechanical Services either from a survey or scheme report, drafting drawings, undertaking calculations using Hevacomp or Trimble Software and production of specifications.
- Undertake budget cost assessments.
- Production of tender reports.
- Manage in house mechanical team as the London office develops.
- Undertake all duties in accordance with organisational procedures and ISO 9001 and ISO14001 systems.
- Salary up to £70,000 per annum (Discretionary bi-annual Bonus)
- Pension (5% company contribution)
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday