Principal Mechanical Engineer
- Human Capital Solutions
- England / England, Bristol / England, Bristol, Bristol City Centre
- £60000 - £65000 per annum + Package including a nine-day fortnight
- Closing date
- 22 Feb 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Mechanical engineering, Design
- Consultant, Engineer, Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Principal Mechanical Engineer - To £65K + Package, Including a nine-day fortnight
This sustainability led, Building Services firm has always put people, before profit.
In addition to offering a nine-day fortnight, free onsite gym (including free HIIT, Spin and Yoga classes) they also offer 8% pension, flexible working hours, hybrid working and each individual has a training and development budget allocated each year.
And when it comes to investing in new technology or software their attitude has always been to just go for it, rather than getting left behind. All of their Engineers use Revit MEP as a design tool, and their Sustainability Engineers have been using Rhino and all the relevant plug ins such as Honeybee, Grasshopper, Ladybug and Dragonfly to improve their energy modelling and building performance capabilities.
Reporting to either the MEP Partner, or the Mechanical (HVAC) Associate you'll be given a project to lead from feasibility, through detail design and handover. You'll use your own initiative and experience to drive projects to completion, manage the mechanical team, lead design team meetings and act as a single point of contact for clients.
As a key member of their leadership team, you also be responsible for assisting with fee schedules, bids and presentations, managing resources and also providing mentoring to the less experienced Engineers.
You'll work on major new build developments as well as a range of challenging and interesting refurbishment or upgrade projects such as castles and cathedrals, universities, schools and colleges as well as state of the art, medical research or laboratory projects.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer, or an up-and-coming Senior Mechanical Engineer to step up into their first Principal role.
- Ability to lead projects and lead a team
- 5+ years' experience as a HVAC design engineer with an engineering (I.e., Building services consultancy or multi-disciplinary) consultancy.
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of MEP, Building Performance Engineering (i.e., Building Physics) and BIM.
- Able to work in the UK, without the need to be sponsored.
Human Capital Solutions was established by individuals, whom, from their own experiences felt there was a niche for a specialist recruiter to provide the in depth level of service of a retained head hunter to the full spectrum of a client’s organisation. Human Capital Solutions is a specialist Recruitment business focussing on within the built environment.
Our business is founded on a passionate desire to assist clients to achieve their business objectives by attracting and retaining the best possible “Human Capital” in the market. Our team has over 35 years recruitment experience within the ‘Built Environment’ serving well established global corporations to new and fast emerging start ups. Human Capital Solutions forms strategic alliances with clients and utilises innovative candidate attraction methods to help organisations achieve their objectives and plans.
I have significant experience recruiting within the following sectors:
- Building Physics Consultants
- CAD (AutoCAD, Revit MEP, CAD-Duct, Microstation)
- Electrical Design Engineers
- Energy & Sustainability Consultants (EPC, DEC, ACI, BREEAM, LEED)
- Data Centre Design Consultants (M&E and CFD)
- Fire Engineering (Protection, Detection, Strategy)
- HVAC Design Engineers
- Public Heath Design Engineers
- Vertical Transportation
- 0203 848 6632
Level 5, 37 Sun Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert