Senior Quantity Surveyor - Civil
- Scotland, Dundee
- £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 28 Feb 2023
- Specialist area
- Project Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
Your new company
Hays Civil & Infrastructure are currently recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor for our client. Our client are a civil engineering Contractor with over 100+ staff. They work on a range of projects including earthworks, drainage, roadworks, utilities and structures across the East and Central Scotland. Due to continued growth they are looking to hire a Senior QS immediately.
Your new role
- Valuation of project works in line with Method of Measurement, primarily NEC and SSM7.
- Reviewing/validating tender cost plans and take offs.
- Liaising with Site Managers, Clients, Contractors, and Subcontractors, throughout projects to ensure best commercial result whilst maintaining relationships.
- Preparing month end reports for Commercial Manager.
- Tracking cost plans and programme delivery.
- Assisting in material procurement and specification compliance.
- Identifying and documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders. · Travelling from the office to various sites as required.
- Analyse subcontractor quotes, place orders and evaluate through project.
- Record productivity, including incentivisation schemes.
- Recognise contractual responsibilities.
- Ensuring your site teams deliver the commercial strategy.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum HND in Quantity Surveying, engineering, management, or similar.
- An understanding of Causeway Estimating Systems is advantageous.
- Working well within a Team.
- Sound knowledge of Excel.
- Understanding of Microsoft Project advantageous.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organise, plan, and strategize.
- A valid driver's license.
- Great networking abilities.
What you'll get in return
This company offers competitive Salary and packages including:
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Lynsey now on 07708583180.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert