Senior Mechanical Services Design Engineer
- Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
- Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Didcot, Oxfordshire OX11 0DE
- £39,748 to £44,166 per annum (depending on experience)
- Closing date
- 20 Feb 2023
- 2300002J / 23000076
- Specialist area
- Mechanical engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Salary: £39,748 to £44,166 per annum (depending on experience)
Plus an additional recruitment and retention allowance of up to £5,000 (depending on skills and experience)
Contract Type: Open-Ended (permanent)
Location: Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Didcot, Oxfordshire OX11 0DE
Closing Date: 26th February 2023
Come and do the kind of engineering that made you want to be an engineer. Stretch your technical skills and, alongside world-leading scientists and technologists, shape projects that improve lives, and daily life, in the UK and far beyond.
Put simply, come and discover the impact you can make when you’re equipped, encouraged and inspired to perform to your very best. Due to continued growth, we have a great opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer to join the Estates Design Team at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory.
Due to continued growth, we have a great opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer to join the Estates Design Team at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory.
The role will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare mechanical design calculations and scheme designs, estimates, specifications, tender documentation and consultant briefs.
- Line-manage graduate and junior engineers.
- Liaise with internal customers, statutory undertakers and utility supply companies
- Be responsible for the design of projects, achieving high-quality end products in accordance with relevant legislation and RAL governance.
- Contribute to the development, review, and management of the Estates MEP specification.
- Monitor compliance of projects with RAL process and governance.
- Support the preparation of the project business cases.
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015, BIM, BREEAM, etc.
- A formal qualification in mechanical engineering or building services, with experience in building services design.
- An industry-recognised membership of IMECHE/CIBSE and CEng/IEng, or be working towards achieving one.
- Experience in HVAC system designs for both refurbishment and new build projects.
- Able to perform effectively within tight timescales, and create a positive client environment, demonstrating problem-solving capability with ability to maintain a flexible and collaborative approach.
- Ability to formulate a brief, design and coordinate work proactively, safely and independently.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organisational skills
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD, and other design software.
What we offer
We are offering a permanent position with a whole host of benefits including:
- 30 days’ holiday (in addition to 10.5 bank holidays and privilege days)
- Hybrid working system
- An excellent defined average salary pension scheme
- Employee shopping/travel discounts
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Visa Sponsorship for candidates applying outside of the UK.
- Enhanced paternity, maternity & shared parental leave
- Professional membership subscription Flexitime scheme.
Plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance!
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity and Disability Confident employer.
We ask some of the biggest questions in the universe, to answer some of the biggest challenges in the world. Together, our scientists, technologists, engineers and business support team explore the unknown across every field you could think of. And they turn what they find into work that changes the world around us.
What could you achieve with the world-leading facilities and experts of one of Europe's largest research organisations by your side? Join us and discover what's possible.
For full details on the role, please visit our careers site.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert