Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Northern Ireland, County Antrim, Newtownabbey
- Closing date
- 2 Mar 2023
- Specialist area
- Mechanical engineering, Design, Principal Designer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Your new company
AIS EC Ltd are a young vibrant and enthusiastic business who are expanding and actively recruiting a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team. Specialists in MEP design with a focus on Digital Construction [BIM]; their unique selling point is the ability to develop MEP designs from concept to stage 5 construction.
Their partner business AIS-DCS Ltd was established in 2012 as a market leader in Northern Ireland and have been involved in landmark digital construction projects. The business also has internal commissioning management resource providing clients with a single point of supply for their projects.
Your new role
- You will be involved with developing engineering solutions from concept through to implementation stages 1-5.
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to mechanical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of mechanical installations within major building projects.
- Design mechanical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules.
- Design mechanical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards.
- Design mechanical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements.
- Work as part of a team to meet project brief and programme requirements.
- Lead a team in the coordination and delivery of individual projects, including attendance at meetings, internal programming, project reviews etc.
- Manage client and design team relationships. Understand client needs and interpret and confirm the project brief.
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the engineering team within the office.
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants will already be working at a similar level and ideally have the desire to progress their career to a management position. Candidates will preferably be degree or HNC/HND qualified in a related mechanical or building services discipline and have attained or have a desire to work towards chartership with IMechE/CIBSE.
What you'll get in return
AIS are based in the beautiful Whiteabbey Village, located just 6 Miles outside of Belfast City Centre, with some fantastic views of the shoreline. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their career to a management position within a compressed timeline. A competitive remuneration package together with a fantastic benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Private Healthcare
- Profit Share/Discretionary Bonus
- Technology Pack
- Professional Membership fees
- 31 days annual leave
- Free parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert