Head of Building Services
- Kent, England
- £85000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + excellent benefits + bonus
- Closing date
- 3 Mar 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
- Director, Engineer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Head of Building Services required for multi-disciplinary Consultancy
Your new company
Frankham Consultancy Group provides a full range of surveying, design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment. We provide most of the core professional disciplines together with a number of specialist services to support all aspects of developing, constructing, upgrading and maintaining property assets over a very diverse client base in both the public and private sectors.
Our Vision is to become the leading privately owned consultancy in the South of England, differentiating ourselves from the large corporates, being a best place to work and a leader in the market in each of our disciplines/specialisms.
2021/22 was a successful year for the business exceeding our expectations. When setting the business plan before the start of the year covid uncertainty was still around but there were positive signs that we would be able to continue to work and grow following a Covid restricted year in 20/21. The plan included growth but took into account that uncertainty. The year grew stronger as it went on with both existing and new clients providing a strong demand for our services. All teams were busy.
We exceed the business plan and achieve a very positive year with consolidated turnover up nearly £4m, an increase of over 30% on the previous year, with a greater improvement in profitability to an increase of 171% on the previous covid affected year. The business remained cash positive and during this year improved our cash position by over £950k. Moving into 22/23 we as a group are planning to achieve further growth in turnover of 11.5% with a further improvement in profitability. A this point in time 6 month into our financial year we have almost secured this year's business plan revenue and look like we can grow beyond the plan.
Head of Building Services role
The main purpose of the role is to lead and manage our Building Services team. The team includes Mechanical, Electrical and Lift Engineers together with some Sustainability services spread across three offices.
Building Services has been a core part of Frankham's for over 20 years. The team has evolved from a multi-Disciplinary offering mainly to other in-house teams to now be a standalone team with a mix of its own client base while maintaining some Multi D client programmes and projects with other teams. There is a solid base of workload across public and private sectors primarily focused on design and project work together with some surveys.
Key duties of the role will include (but not limited to) :
- Developing a new business plan and growth strategy to take the team into new areas and a larger/different scale of client/project.
- Proactive business development and client relationship management to become the face of Frankham Building Services.
- Leading on fee bidding and pre-qualification
- Ensuring good quality technical and timely delivery to the satisfaction of our clients. A key target is to achieve repeat business.
- Developing the team, improving the individuals in the team and strengthening with further recruitment. Develop a training plan to bring through the next generation of engineers.
- Have full P&L responsibility for the team and provide good commercial focus to improve both the gross and net margins to achieve consistent good profitability.
- Ensure good financial management to include invoicing and debt collection.
- Be an active member of the wider Frankham Group Management team to assist in improving overall group performance.
What awaits you in this position
- The Building Services team has a solid core of staff, and we are looking for someone who wants to take this team forward to the next level and beyond.
- The Building Services team is currently seen as a bit of a sleeping giant in the group with an incredible amount of potential.
- As well as providing leadership opportunities to make a success of projects, this is an opportunity for you to spend time in the business world promoting the firm
- Candidates would have the opportunity to lead on fee bidding and pre-qualification
- You will be given the opportunity to work on a wide scope of projects not limited to one field
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive range of benefits to our employees. These include:
- To £100,000 per annum
- Annual bonus
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays (plus additional days up to five days for time served)
- Professional memberships paid for
What you need to do now
Hays Building Services are supporting Frankham Consultancy Group with the recruitment for this role on a retained and exclusive basis. For further information, or to have a confidential discussion, please contact Aadil Cockar on 07428 735 860.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert