Mechanical Design Engineer
- Beeby Anderson Recruitment
- England, Buckinghamshire
- £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Mechanical engineering, Design, Mid-weight designer
- Consultant, Engineer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
My client is MEP design consultancy who are looking to add an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer to their busy team of 15 engineers. They provide mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of clients and market sectors which include Healthcare & Education.
This is an award-winning company that is large enough to provide stability and opportunity, but small enough to recognise its people as individuals. They are currently seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer with building services experience to join and assist their existing team in Buckinghamshire.
The role will involve:
- A capacity to develop further, sketch designs and design briefs dictated by either clients or engineering managers.
- Having full responsibility for technical and financial decisions taken. These include choice of system, organisation of works and development of projects, with the ability to comply with time restrictions and limits.
- Undertake survey of a building a preparation of a Report on the mechanical aspects of the building, including capability and compliance with Codes of Practice and Regulations and energy evaluation.
- Have an understanding of the basic physics and design parameters associated with other disciplines.
- Have a full and detailed understanding of the physics and design parameters on all aspects of mechanical works, and be able to implement the designs, including energy assessment.
- Be computer literate and able to assist in the preparation of drawings on CAD and ability to translate requirements to CAD Technicians.
- Be competent in the exercise of independent technical judgement and application of engineering principles, including the application of Standards, Codes of Practice and Regulations.
- Maintain a proactive attitude to maintaining output to programme and time management
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Able to work without supervision
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree qualification - mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, AutoCAD
- Flexible working is offered with 4 days in the office and 1day working from home
Beeby Anderson Recruitment is an independent agency that specialises in temporary and permanent Building Services recruitment in the UK and Internationally.
By operating solely in this niche market you can be assured that 100% of our time is devoted to developing our unrivaled knowledge of the Building Services jobs market, and to ensure that we provide our clients and candidates with a consistently high-quality tailored service.
Here at Beeby Anderson Recruitment we understand that our reputation is based on our customer's experiences so we strive to provide you with the best possible service. We will always go the extra mile to ensure we are building and maintaining strong partnerships based on honesty and integrity.
For our candidates, we provide a complete comprehensive approach to managing your job search; and for our clients we target the best people, and attract them to your business.
- 020 3176 2666
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert