Electrical Project Manager
- England, Surrey
- £70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + car car allowance
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Electrical engineering
- Engineer, Project Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Electrical Project Manager required to deliver major prison refurbishment program in Surrey
A leading M&E Contractor are seeking an experienced M&E Project Manager to lead and manage the electrical aspects of the M&E refurbishment programme on the prison site in Surrey. This is a four-year program with the main program of works being a complete Electrical require of the whole prison facility.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering large-scale electrical projects, strong management skills, and the ability to effectively manage a team to achieve project objectives.
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, budgets, and risk management plans
- Ensure that all work is completed on time, within budget, and to a high standard of quality
- Liaise with clients, consultants, and other stakeholders to ensure that all requirements are met
- Manage and coordinate the activities of sub-contractors and vendors
- Conduct regular site visits and inspections to monitor progress and identify any issues that may impact the project's success
- Ensure that all work is carried out in compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and health and safety policies
- Maintain accurate project records, including progress reports, financial reports, and other documentation as required
- Lead project meetings and provide regular updates to senior management on project progress, risks, and issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Proven experience as an Electrical Project Manager delivering large-scale electrical projects within the construction industry
- Experience working with prison facilities or other similar government facilities is desirable
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain project plans, schedules, budgets, and risk management plans
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical systems, equipment, and materials
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, standards, and health and safety policies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively lead a team and manage relationships with clients and stakeholders
If you are an experienced Electrical Project Manager looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to deliver a high-profile project, we encourage you to apply for this position.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert