- Conrad Consulting
- Manchester, England, Greater Manchester
- £36000 - £40000 per annum
- Closing date
- 5 Apr 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Energy assessment, Sustainability, Design
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Manchester, Greater Manchester
We have teamed up with a market-leading M&E firm in Manchester who are looking for a keen engineer who has a background working in Sustainability.
Due to their growing workload, they are actively seeking an engineer who has experience in a broad range of sustainable design solutions all in relation to the Government's net-zero 2050 plans. The ideal candidate will consequently have experience working on decarbonisation studies as well as dynamic thermal modeling and environmental analysis.
Our client currently works in partnership with ongoing and current construction projects, on a local and national scale.
The ideal candidate will have some understanding and experience of working on building design and architecture consultations, and will also have:
- Have a significant interest in sustainability, green buildings, and energy modeling for buildings.
- Possess a relevant degree in building physics, building engineering, energy modeling, or a related field.
- Have strong report-writing skills that are appropriate for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Have a firm grasp on energy flow and building systems.
- Have a strong work ethic and know-how to manage your time.
- Be computer proficient and have a strong understanding of Microsoft Office software.
An ideal applicant will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the building energy modeling process and a working familiarity with the IES VE or EDSL TAS modeling software.
- Have produced thermal comfort, daylight, and airflow modeling studies in the past.
- Know how to use the REVIT programme from Autodesk.
- Have a thorough understanding of building design, energy, and emissions regulations.
- Have a working understanding of green building certifications (LEED, BREEAM, WELL, NABERS, Passivhaus)
- Have excellent communication abilities, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to mentor and manage junior co-workers.
If you feel you are suitable for this position, please call Jed Canham on 01728 726122 or email
jed @ conradconsulting.co.uk
Conrad Consulting is a specialist recruitment company that is responsible for supplying high quality personnel to engineering consultancies and contractors throughout the UK on both a permanent and contract basis. As a company dedicated solely to recruiting for technical engineering consultancies, we have accumulated a wealth of invaluable specialist knowledge since our inception in 2001, and believe that clear communication with both the client - particularly the key decision maker - and the potential candidate has been fundamental in our overall success.
Our experienced team of consultants pride themselves on taking time to understand the needs of every candidate on an individual basis, providing a tailor-made service for applicants at every level within the industry. Because we are extremely successful at finding the right candidate for a particular job vacancy, we find that many of our clients in the Building services industry use our services exclusively which enables us to offer potential candidates some of the most unprecedented roles in the industry.
Contact Martin today to find out if the grass really is greener..
For further information on the services we can provide for you visit www.conradconsulting.co.uk or contact our team today 01728 726120.
Apply for Sustainability Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert