Senior Sustainability Engineer
- Conrad Consulting
- Bristol, England
- £45000 - £50000 per annum
- Closing date
- 9 Apr 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Energy assessment, Sustainability, Design
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We're looking for a Building Physics / Sustainability specialist to join our Client's fast-expanding Sustainability team. Our Client is a sustainability-passionate and dedicated firm in Bristol and is actively expanding its workforce due to its strong reputation and growing demand for its sustainability offering. They offer a comprehensive range of sustainable design solutions, including decarbonisation studies, building system sizing, dynamic thermal modeling, comfort and environmental analysis, and net-zero carbon building design, all in line with the government's net-zero 2050 goals. They collaborate with current and new construction projects in all sectors, both locally and nationally, intending to become leaders in building decarbonisation and sustainable design.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years previous experience working in a building design consultancy, as well as:
- Have a significant interest in sustainability, green buildings, and energy modeling for buildings.
- Possess a relevant degree in building physics, building engineering, energy modeling, or a related field.
- Have strong report-writing skills that are appropriate for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Have a firm grasp on energy flow and building systems.
- Have a strong work ethic and know-how to manage your time.
- Be computer proficient and have a strong understanding of Microsoft Office software.
An ideal applicant will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the building energy modeling process and a working familiarity with the IES VE or EDSL TAS modeling software.
- Have produced thermal comfort, daylight, and airflow modeling studies in the past.
- Know how to use the REVIT programme from Autodesk.
- Have a thorough understanding of building design, energy, and emissions regulations.
- Have a working understanding of green building certifications (LEED, BREEAM, WELL, NABERS, Passivhaus)
- Have excellent communication abilities, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to mentor and manage junior coworkers.
Conrad Consulting is a specialist recruitment company that is responsible for supplying high quality personnel to engineering consultancies and contractors throughout the UK on both a permanent and contract basis. As a company dedicated solely to recruiting for technical engineering consultancies, we have accumulated a wealth of invaluable specialist knowledge since our inception in 2001, and believe that clear communication with both the client - particularly the key decision maker - and the potential candidate has been fundamental in our overall success.
Our experienced team of consultants pride themselves on taking time to understand the needs of every candidate on an individual basis, providing a tailor-made service for applicants at every level within the industry. Because we are extremely successful at finding the right candidate for a particular job vacancy, we find that many of our clients in the Building services industry use our services exclusively which enables us to offer potential candidates some of the most unprecedented roles in the industry.
Contact Martin today to find out if the grass really is greener..
For further information on the services we can provide for you visit www.conradconsulting.co.uk or contact our team today 01728 726120.
Apply for Senior Sustainability Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert