Principal Mechanical Engineer
- Conrad Consulting
- Manchester, England, Greater Manchester
- £50000 - £58000 per annum
- Closing date
- 15 Apr 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Mechanical engineering, Design, Principal Designer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our company is a global leader in the provision of engineering, technical, and consulting services. We are looking for a Principal Mechanical Engineer with expertise who has a track record in the building services industry to join their vibrant team.
- Lead the mechanical engineering design and delivery of complex building services projects
- Manage and mentor junior engineers and technicians, providing technical support and guidance
- Develop strong relationships with clients, ensuring their needs are met or exceeded
- Lead the preparation of technical reports, specifications, and drawings
- Ensure all designs comply with relevant codes, standards, and regulations
- Assist in the preparation of fee proposals and manage project budgets and resources
- Work collaboratively with other departments and stakeholders to deliver projects to the highest standard
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in mechanical engineering design
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Chartered status with a recognized institution (e.g. CIBSE, IMechE)
- A minimum of 7 years experience in mechanical building services design, with at least 2 years in a senior role
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical building services engineering, including HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems
- Experience in managing and leading engineering teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders
- Experience in using relevant software such as AutoCAD, Revit, and other design tools
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards, such as BS EN 12831, BS EN 12056, and BS EN 12845
- Ability to manage project budgets and resources and deliver projects to agreed timescales
- A passion for innovation and continuous improvement
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- Support for professional development and training
If you are an experienced and driven Principal Mechanical Engineer looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you. Join and work with a diverse group of engineers, and professionals who share a common goal: improving the quality of life around the world. Apply now to help deliver exceptional projects for their clients.
Conrad Consulting is a specialist recruitment company that is responsible for supplying high quality personnel to engineering consultancies and contractors throughout the UK on both a permanent and contract basis. As a company dedicated solely to recruiting for technical engineering consultancies, we have accumulated a wealth of invaluable specialist knowledge since our inception in 2001, and believe that clear communication with both the client - particularly the key decision maker - and the potential candidate has been fundamental in our overall success.
Our experienced team of consultants pride themselves on taking time to understand the needs of every candidate on an individual basis, providing a tailor-made service for applicants at every level within the industry. Because we are extremely successful at finding the right candidate for a particular job vacancy, we find that many of our clients in the Building services industry use our services exclusively which enables us to offer potential candidates some of the most unprecedented roles in the industry.
Contact Martin today to find out if the grass really is greener..
For further information on the services we can provide for you visit www.conradconsulting.co.uk or contact our team today 01728 726120.
Apply for Principal Mechanical Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert