Principal Mechanical Engineer
- Conrad Consulting
- Liverpool, Merseyside, England
- £50000 - £60000 per annum
- Closing date
- 16 Apr 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Mechanical engineering, Design, Principal Designer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to join our client who s a reputable building services company based in Liverpool. This company is dedicated to providing innovative, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions for all of its clients in the built environment.
As the Principal Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design and development of mechanical building systems from concept to completion. You will be working closely with our clients and project teams to ensure the successful delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Lead the design and development of mechanical building systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems
- Liaise with clients and project teams to ensure project objectives and requirements are met
- Manage and mentor a team of mechanical engineers and designers
- Develop and review technical specifications, drawings, and calculations
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Provide technical support during the construction and commissioning phases
- Participate in project reviews and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Building Services Engineering or equivalent
- Professional registration with relevant engineering institution (e.g. CIBSE, IMechE)
- Minimum of 8 years experience in mechanical design engineering within the building services industry
- Extensive experience in HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems design
- Proficient in the use of design software such as AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading and mentoring a team
If you are a highly motivated and experienced Principal Mechanical Design Engineer with a passion for innovation and sustainability, we would like to hear from you!
Conrad Consulting is a specialist recruitment company that is responsible for supplying high quality personnel to engineering consultancies and contractors throughout the UK on both a permanent and contract basis. As a company dedicated solely to recruiting for technical engineering consultancies, we have accumulated a wealth of invaluable specialist knowledge since our inception in 2001, and believe that clear communication with both the client - particularly the key decision maker - and the potential candidate has been fundamental in our overall success.
Our experienced team of consultants pride themselves on taking time to understand the needs of every candidate on an individual basis, providing a tailor-made service for applicants at every level within the industry. Because we are extremely successful at finding the right candidate for a particular job vacancy, we find that many of our clients in the Building services industry use our services exclusively which enables us to offer potential candidates some of the most unprecedented roles in the industry.
Contact Martin today to find out if the grass really is greener..
For further information on the services we can provide for you visit www.conradconsulting.co.uk or contact our team today 01728 726120.
Apply for Principal Mechanical Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert