Mechanical Project Manager
- Southampton, Hampshire, England
- £55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + benefits
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Mechanical engineering
- Engineer, Manager, Project Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Mechanical Project Manager required for the leading M&E Contractor on the South Coast
My client is the leading M&E Contractors on the South Coast. They run major M&E projects as far North as Birmingham.
As demand for their services increase they find themselves looking for a Mechanical Project Manager to drive the management of projects they are being awarded. You will be managing projects in the following sectors:
- Manufacturing and Processing
- High-end Residential
- Refurbishments and Fit-Out
- Science and Research
- Student Accommodation
- Provide weekly written progress reports to the Operations Manager
- Support Site Managers
- Take full responsibility for all staff on your projects and oversee career development, training and motivation
- Proactively support all commercial activities to ensure they reflect the requirements of the business and implement the strategic project plan to achieve current and future agreed performance targets, minimising risk and exposure
- Ensure all operational activities are delivered to the agreed time, cost, service specification, presentation and quality
- Keep and maintain full documentation to ensure good business practice is achieved and the company's contractual and corporate responsibilities are discharged
- Full compliance with operational team daily, weekly, fortnightly and monthly requirements
- Full compliance with the company standards and expectations manual
- Ensure project/customer excellence is achieved on all projects under your control
Mechanical Services you will be responsible for include (but are not limited to):
- Plumbing Services
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Chlorination & Testing
- Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Energy Advice
- Fire Alarms / Sprinkler Systems
The successful candidate will join a rapidly growing, process driven organisation with an enviable client list with challenging, fast track projects. They regard themselves as one of the UK's leading medium sized M&E Contractors and can offer an attractive package plus benefits and the ability for career development.
To be considered for this role you must be able to work in the UK without restriction and you must hold a valid UK Driving License.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE). Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We also welcome speculative applications.
For a private and confidential discussion please contact Aadil Cockar on 020 8464 6678 or email your CV
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert