Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Winchester, Hampshire, England
- £27000.00 - £36000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Mechanical engineering, Design
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Junior Mechanical Design Engineer required for one of the leading Firms of Consulting Engineers
Arup have an exceptional opportunity for a Junior Mechanical Engineer to work in their friendly Winchester office.
Their team have worked on an array of amazing projects in the UK and internationally including IHG Hotels & Resorts Decarbonisation Framework, Gordon Murray Design Campus, St. Sidwell's Point in Exeter (which is the largest Passivhaus certified leisure centre in the UK), and a broad range of other projects which include higher education projects as we well as projects that create social value.
Arup are looking for people who:
- Are Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, preferably Masters or equivalent, working towards Chartership
- Have experience in mechanical services design on a range of projects.
- Have a wide knowledge of the design of mechanical building systems including coordination, spatial planning and energy performance of buildings.
- Can develop concepts, appraisals, and recommend optimum design solutions.
- Have working knowledge of common mechanical building services software as well as Revit MEP.
As a result, Arup offer one of the best benefits packages in our sector this includes: Global Profit Share scheme (subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year which are dependent on the firm's financial performance), Private medical insurance, Life assurance, Accident insurance and Income protection cover. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert