Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Conrad Consulting
- West Midlands, Birmingham, England
- £35000 - £50000 per annum
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- JP 270323 1
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Mechanical engineering, Revit Technician
- Contract Type
- Full Time
There is an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer with experience in working within a design consultancy and/ or experience of working within a contractor design in environment. They shall be responsible for the development and production of outline and detailed design deliverables on combined Mechanical / Electrical / Public Health schemes within the building Environment.
The successful applicant shall be experienced in Mechanical Building Services Engineering dealing with national projects. The ideal candidate shall reside in Birmingham or surrounding areas and have a proven track record of delivering Mechanical projects to the level applied for in the following sectors -: Healthcare, Education, Care homes, industrial, retail, commercial, and other public service organisations.
What you will be doing day to day
- Establishing Client brief either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel and developing the brief in line with their specific aspirations.
- Working with other Engineers, Associates and where applicable the Project Director to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Prepare and review detailed engineering calculations and solutions from inception to completion of schemes utilising our design partners, individual knowledge, site installation and construction personnel.
- Closely coordinate design production between our inhouse design teams, external design companies and the supply chain.
- Liaison with client engineering staff or where applicable their design consultants to ensure designs are approved in accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract.
- Attend internal and external design reviews and where applicable progress meetings alongside Senior Engineers and the Associates working on the schemes.
If you feel like this is something that you may be interested in and feel like you're up to the challenge contact myself for further details.
Conrad Consulting is a specialist recruitment company that is responsible for supplying high quality personnel to engineering consultancies and contractors throughout the UK on both a permanent and contract basis. As a company dedicated solely to recruiting for technical engineering consultancies, we have accumulated a wealth of invaluable specialist knowledge since our inception in 2001, and believe that clear communication with both the client - particularly the key decision maker - and the potential candidate has been fundamental in our overall success.
Our experienced team of consultants pride themselves on taking time to understand the needs of every candidate on an individual basis, providing a tailor-made service for applicants at every level within the industry. Because we are extremely successful at finding the right candidate for a particular job vacancy, we find that many of our clients in the Building services industry use our services exclusively which enables us to offer potential candidates some of the most unprecedented roles in the industry.
Contact Martin today to find out if the grass really is greener..
For further information on the services we can provide for you visit www.conradconsulting.co.uk or contact our team today 01728 726120.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert