- Conrad Consulting
- Blackburn, Lancashire, England
- £35000 - £45000 per annum
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Energy assessment, Sustainability, Design, Mid-weight designer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Future UK energy-generating systems with low carbon emissions are being pioneered by our client. They primarily work in the construction sector, which is a fast growing market for renewable energy-based heat and power solutions. They design, implement, run, and manage networks and systems for generating clean energy as a top turnkey engineering contractor.
They need an Energy Modeller to work in this fascinating and expanding area of the industry at their Blackburn headquarters due to their continuing growth.
Working on a variety of RIBA Stage 2 and Stage 3 designs, including District Heating systems, energy center designs using CHP, heat pumps, and other renewable technologies, and RE: fit / NDEE type energy frameworks involving the modelling of Energy Conservation measures (ECMs), this role involves reporting to the Senior Energy Modeller and ultimately the Pre-Construction Director.
This will entail collaborating closely with the proposal's engineers and the larger bid team to conduct energy analysis and modelling in order to provide reliable models that will enable the creation of concept designs and influence the choice of first plants.
You will be accountable for evaluating and modifying half-hourly energy data, estimating building demands, modelling buildings to ascertain heating and cooling loads, and developing building energy profiles to size renewable energy plant while working within the pre-construction Design team. To support tender and bid submissions, you will contribute to RIBA Stage 2 and Stage 3 reports. It would be beneficial to have experience modelling the integration of low-carbon technologies into buildings and on the scale of energy networks.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A degree and at least three to five years of experience working in the design/build industry.
- Strong analytical abilities and a will to solve problems on a technological and commercial level.
- Excellent Excel skills, with a focus on dealing with energy models and commercial viability models.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building physics. Although it is not required, having prior experience with thermal modelling tools like IES or Hevacomp would be useful.
- Knowledge of low-carbon energy technologies, as well as an interest in them, is ideal, as is their incorporation into district energy networks.
- It would be good to have knowledge of renewable technology selecting tools like Energy Pro.
- Contribution-Based Business Pension Plan.
- Holidays for 33 days, including BH.
- Flexible schedules for the workplace.
- With occasional travel to locations throughout the UK and an office at our head office in Blackburn
- Along with additional advantages that will be discussed
Conrad Consulting is a specialist recruitment company that is responsible for supplying high quality personnel to engineering consultancies and contractors throughout the UK on both a permanent and contract basis. As a company dedicated solely to recruiting for technical engineering consultancies, we have accumulated a wealth of invaluable specialist knowledge since our inception in 2001, and believe that clear communication with both the client - particularly the key decision maker - and the potential candidate has been fundamental in our overall success.
Our experienced team of consultants pride themselves on taking time to understand the needs of every candidate on an individual basis, providing a tailor-made service for applicants at every level within the industry. Because we are extremely successful at finding the right candidate for a particular job vacancy, we find that many of our clients in the Building services industry use our services exclusively which enables us to offer potential candidates some of the most unprecedented roles in the industry.
Contact Martin today to find out if the grass really is greener..
For further information on the services we can provide for you visit www.conradconsulting.co.uk or contact our team today 01728 726120.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert