Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Conrad Consulting
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- £50000 - £60000 per annum
- Closing date
- 28 Apr 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Mechanical engineering, Design, Principal Designer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer - Building Services Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a strong Building Services team in Edinburgh. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the design and delivery of mechanical systems in building projects. This is a senior-level role and the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the mechanical design on a variety of building projects and mentoring junior members of the mechanical engineering team.
- Lead the mechanical design on building projects including heating, ventilation, air conditioning and plumbing systems
- Coordinate with other members of the project team including architects and electrical engineers
- Prepare detailed design calculations, technical specifications, and drawings for mechanical systems
- Manage the production of detailed mechanical engineering design, including HVAC design, plumbing design, and fire protection design.
- Mentor and guide junior members of the mechanical engineering team, providing technical support and guidance as required
- Manage and oversee the installation and commissioning of mechanical systems on site, ensuring that all designs are in compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Provide technical support and guidance to clients, contractors and other project stakeholders
- Keep up to date with the latest industry regulations, standards, and design methodologies
- Attend client and design team meetings as required
- Provide technical expertise to the sales and business development teams to support the winning of new business.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Chartered status or working towards chartership.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in the design of building services mechanical systems.
- Strong experience in the design of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems.
- Experience in the design and delivery of building projects.
- Strong understanding of industry standards and regulations, including CIBSE, BSRIA, and BREEAM.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in mentoring junior team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Hevacomp, and other relevant design software.
- Experience of working on projects in the UK.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for career development. If you are a highly motivated and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer, with a passion for delivering high-quality building services projects, please apply today.
Conrad Consulting is a specialist recruitment company that is responsible for supplying high quality personnel to engineering consultancies and contractors throughout the UK on both a permanent and contract basis. As a company dedicated solely to recruiting for technical engineering consultancies, we have accumulated a wealth of invaluable specialist knowledge since our inception in 2001, and believe that clear communication with both the client - particularly the key decision maker - and the potential candidate has been fundamental in our overall success.
Our experienced team of consultants pride themselves on taking time to understand the needs of every candidate on an individual basis, providing a tailor-made service for applicants at every level within the industry. Because we are extremely successful at finding the right candidate for a particular job vacancy, we find that many of our clients in the Building services industry use our services exclusively which enables us to offer potential candidates some of the most unprecedented roles in the industry.
Contact Martin today to find out if the grass really is greener..
For further information on the services we can provide for you visit www.conradconsulting.co.uk or contact our team today 01728 726120.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert