Principal Building Services Electrical Engineer
- Manchester or London
- Closing date
- 26 May 2023
- Specialist area
- Building services (general), Electrical engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
At BakerHicks, our Electrical team is known for providing comprehensive, detailed solutions that exceed the requirements of the client.
Our electrical experts work with clients across exciting and niche sectors, delivering complex yet efficient and sustainable solutions, often to a demanding, highly regulated, and bespoke brief.
From biotechnology to chemical, pharmaceuticals and defence projects, our electrical team has a detailed knowledge of systems design, using the latest modelling technology to test a solution and to maximise efficiencies as sustainably as possible.
They work seamlessly within a multi-disciplinary team, trusted by our clients to deliver inventive solutions to complex technical design challenges.
Experienced in all aspects of the project lifecycle from definition and feasibility to detailed design and site monitoring, we invest time to understand the processes and equipment to deliver a client’s strategy for growth.
As our team has grown, we have an opportunity for a Principal Electrical Services Engineer to join our building services team in Central London & Salford Quays, Manchester, where you will lead project teams and help develop an enthusiastic and committed team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver on-schedule, high-quality output on projects and support the Associates in the day-to-day management of the local Electrical Services team.
This team works across various sectors, however, previous experience in Life Sciences would be a benefit.
The role supports hybrid working, with regular attendance into the office. It may also involve visits to sites in Europe as projects require.
For the right candidate, there is scope for further career progression.
We are looking for people who:
- Value quality and enjoy delivering technically excellent Electrical services designs in the built environment.
- Want to take ownership, be innovative, use initiative and are driven by client satisfaction.
- Have significant experience in delivering on medium-size projects or managing packages on large projects.
- Have experience in managing teams from graduate to senior-level engineers.
- Have experience in contributing to bids, proposals, and tender specifications.
- Ideally hold a relevant degree.
- Are chartered or working towards this.
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications.
- Excellent communicators both internally, and client facing
- Have a working knowledge in the use of Amtech, Dialux/Relux software
Why this role?
- With the opportunity to work in multiple sectors including Nuclear, Life Sciences, Defence, and Aviation, you will work on exciting and innovative buildings, often with top-tier architects and clients.
- Our growing team provides progression opportunities, where you will be encouraged and supported to develop your role and challenge your skills to explore career paths that help maximise your technical and management skill sets.
- You will work within a supportive team with the ability to plug into and access our wider network of professionals.
- You will have the opportunity to see your designs come to fruition through site visits and client engagement.
BakerHicks are a design, engineering and project delivery company specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle.
Experienced in high hazardous and safety critical industries including Nuclear, Defence, Rail and Life Sciences, our teams provide the full range of multi-disciplinary services including process engineering, mechanical and electrical (HV/LV), EC&I, architecture, building services, civil and structural, supported by programme management and a CDM consultancy.
Our expertise also includes BIM, Digital and Asset Management, embracing the latest in digital techniques to provide clients with the most efficient and cost-effective design and solutions.
Working at BakerHicks means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting projects in our sectors. Whatever your discipline, you’ll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry.
Our network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And our salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. There’s also individual performance-related rewards on offer, as well as:
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development
BakerHicks is a design and engineering company that specialises in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle. Our disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.
The company name comes from two pioneers of the founding business: Professor Sir John Baker (later Lord Baker), Research and Development Director and previously Head of Cambridge University’s Engineering Department; and Howard Hicks, the Group Chairman and Chief Executive. The name BakerHicks better reflects our established reputation as an independent consultancy, delivering award-winning design and engineering services across the UK since 1957.
BakerHicks is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with a revenue of c £2.9 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert