Senior Mechanical Engineer - To £65K
Due to growth, this innovation led, Building Services engineering consultancy are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for their London office.
Established in the heart of the design district in London over a decade ago, they have designed and delivered low carbon developments across the UK, Europe, and Asia.
Unlike so many other consultancies, rather than growing too quickly and becoming obsessed with profit or headcount, they have remained focussed on quality, innovation, client care and employee retention.
Woking alongside the Director of MEP, you'll be given the autonomy to lead your own projects and manage and cultivate you own key client relationships. As a Lead Engineer, you'll lead the design and delivery on a range of education, residential, commercial, and cultural projects.
- Attend client meetings to interpret their requirements.
- Approve the design of all HVAC services.
- Oversee the production of working drawings, drawing programmes, detailed specifications, equipment schedules and design check lists.
- Manage medium sized projects from concept to construction.
- Act as Lead Coordinator and overseeing the work of the junior and graduate engineers.
- Assist in driving projects forward to tight deadlines.
- Lead by example and ensure all disciplines continue to communicate throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure the BIM team is producing BIM level 2 models.
- Degree qualified with at least five years' experience in the design of HVAC services.
- Able to communicate in a clear and confident manner.
- Previous experience leading projects and mentoring staff.
- Able to work in the UK without the need to be sponsored.
In return they offer a relaxed and friendly working environment, a clear route to Principal in as little as 24 months, flexible working hours (option of a 4-day week, with 2 from the office and 2 from home) 25 days leave, private healthcare, 5% pension and payment of professional memberships.
Job Ref #3358