Sustainability Engineer - To £50K + Package + Annual Bonus (Typically 10% - 15%)
If you are a Sustainability Engineer / Building Performance Engineer looking to have a greater impact on how sustainable a building can be, please consider this.
Established over 150 years ago, this FTSE 250 listed commercial real estate advisor has an impeccable reputation and strong presence across the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific.
As a Sustainability Engineer, you'll work as part of a team of around 70 ESG, Environmental, Building Physics and Sustainability Engineers and benefit from the processes, experience, and employee benefits that a large global firm offers, with the energy and vibe of a start-up environment.
You'll become a key part of this recognised thought leader in environmentally sustainable design and embodied carbon and will be able to impact how sustainable an entire portfolio of buildings are, rather than just a single development at a time.
You'll enjoy working for a firm where the planet and people, still come before profit. You will be mentored by the Sustainability Director and have a dedicated CPD budget to ensure you develop your skills and experience across all aspects of Building Performance Engineering.
And you'll enjoy working in true collaboration with clients to maximise the true value of their investments and portfolio of buildings on a macro level.
Joining a commercial real estate advisor is not just another like for like move, from one consultancy to another consultancy. It's an opportunity to have a huge impact in sustainability and decarbonisation across the UK. You'll be involved in projects even before feasibility, all the way through the RIBA stages, right through to post occupancy evaluations.
You'll lead sustainability strategies, conduct Net Zero Carbon and decarbonisation audits, carry out building performance engineering (i.e. Building Physics) and carry out R&D into emerging technologies or materials.
- Good "big picture" understanding of sustainability including environmental sustainability, building physics and existing buildings.
- At least three years' experience using IESVe or TAS.
- Good awareness of Building Services, BIM, low or zero carbon solutions and an understanding of operational energy use.
- 25 days annual leave
- Payment of Professional Memberships
- Dedicated CPD and mentoring program
- 8% Pension
- Private Medical insurance
- Enhanced, shared paternity and maternity
- Mobile and laptop
- Hybrid working policy, typically two to three days a week in the office
- Travel loan, help to rent scheme, or cycle to work scheme
- Annual bonus, typically a minimum of 10% of your basic salary
- Flexible working hours