M&E Technical Support Engineer required for manufacturing business in Glasgow
Our client is a large electrical manufacturer based on the outskirts of Glasgow - looking for the services of an Electrical Technical Engineer, (would consider mechanical background with a basic electrical knowledge). You would be responsible for working within the Sales Team (internal & external) to provide technical expertise, develop solutions and support the sales process.
The role involves pre-sales support working with customers to understand their needs and helping deliver technical solutions that meet those requirements. Handle post-sales support, addressing technical problems and ensuring customer satisfaction. Co-ordinate the day-to-day workload and performance within the Sales Operations Department, ensuring high standards of customer satisfaction are achieved and maintained.
* Collaborate with the sales team to identify customer needs and develop technical solutions.
* Provide pre-sales support answering technical questions.
* Participate in customer meetings to ensure technical solutions offered meet their needs.
* Take part in technical and product demonstrations from time to time.
* Analysis of technical application of company products and competing equipment to meet customer needs.
* Provide post-sales support, troubleshoot technical issues ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Work closely across company departments to ensure customer requirements are accurately understood and delivered.
Principal Skills Experience and Qualifications
* Minimum HNC level in an engineering discipline preferably electrical but consider mechanical.
* 3+ years of experience in a technical sales role, preferably in the switchgear industry
* Strong technical skills and ability to understand complex technical concepts.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to present technical information in a clear and concise way.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* The following skills are desired, however full training will be provided:
* An understanding of LV distribution systems
* An understanding of Single Line Diagrams and General Arrangement Drawings
* Experience in hosting interdepartmental contract/enquiry reviews and reporting
* Experience with Trimble/Hevacomp/Similar
* Understanding of IEC standards for low voltage switchgear
If you are an Electrical or Mechanical Engineer looking for their next career move with this International company, or a Graduate Engineer with a minimum of a years' experience, and interested - please contact me on the below details to discuss your current situation confidentially and if the role might be of interest:-