World-renowned multi-disciplinary architectural design and engineering firm is seeking a talented and experienced Electrical Associate Director to join their Building Services department in London. With a commitment to innovation, sustainability, and excellence, this practise has been at the forefront of architectural design for over five decades delivering iconic projects worldwide.
You will play a pivotal role in leading the electrical engineering design of our high-profile projects. Working closely with architects, engineers, and project stakeholders, you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the future of the built environment. You will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to delivering cutting-edge solutions that push the boundaries of sustainable design and technology.
They provide a stimulating and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and professional growth. You will have the opportunity to work on landmark projects that redefine the urban landscape and shape the future of architecture and engineering.
- Lead the electrical engineering design process for a diverse range of projects including commercial, leisure, hospitality, industrial, healthcare, education, cultural, retail, urban design, and transport sectors.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to integrate electrical systems seamlessly into architectural designs.
- Develop and review technical specifications, calculations, and drawings, ensuring compliance with relevant codes, standards, and regulations.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance throughout all project stages, from concept design to construction and commissioning.
- Coordinate with external consultants, contractors, and clients to ensure smooth project delivery.
- Mentor, support and monitor performance of team members fostering their professional growth and development.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives across the business.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive innovation within the organization.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Professional registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in electrical engineering design within the building services sector, preferably with a focus on large-scale and complex projects.
- Proficiency in relevant software tools, such as AutoCAD, Revit, and electrical calculation software.
- Solid knowledge of electrical systems, power distribution, lighting design, fire alarm systems, and sustainable design principles.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and manage resources effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated leadership abilities and the capacity to inspire and motivate people.